Episode IV: Servant And Demons

I couldn't feel anything below my waist when I came to. My mind was so clouded I had to convince myself that I was awake. My eyes were watery and my eyelashes almost fused shut from being closed. When I finally opened them, it took a solid thirty seconds for my eyes to focus. I was in a dimly lit room with nothing but candles giving off that light. The walls were a dark oak and the floor was also hardwood. 

An inverted cross hung on the wall, and there was a fireplace that was unlit, but the wood was chard and ashy, implying it had been put out.
On the fireplace ledge, where trophies, school trophies. Then it clicked, I was in the building I was running towards. Was the world ending outside? I couldn't see, as there where no windows in this room.

I looked around some more to see my arms and legs where free, but I could only feel numbness, and I didn't have the strength to get up or lift my limbs. What I was laying on was a leather couch with a wool blanket over me and a pillow under my head. I didn't recall going to sleep.
Ahead of me in the middle of the floor was a nice carpet made of a bears hide and a coffee table just beyond that, with a tea set sitting on it. The kettle was still steaming, someone besides myself was clearly here earlier and put me like this, even made tea.

"I see you're awake." Said a voice. I looked around for the source, left, right, centre. A person then walked up from behind the couch. "You where knocked out from pain. I took it upon myself to have you healed."

 I lifted my blanket to see my chest wrapped in bandages and covered in dried blood. I remember being stabbed, and that's about It. "No one has ever just transferred to limbo at will. You're something special." She said sitting down on a chair across from me. She had light pink hair and the same shade of blue that Phoenix's eyes had. But she had one red eye. Perhaps there was relation. "You're Alex Webber right? I heard of you through the grapevine. And you've already been introduced indirectly to my younger brother and younger sister, Dante and Phoenix."

 Okay so I was right on the relations guess.

"What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?" She asked sipping her tea. I cleared the blockage in my throat and made an attempt to speak.
"Who are you? A-and what do you mean by limbo?" I asked through a scratchy voice.

"Both good questions. My name is Sofia Anne Marie Greenwood. Eldest of the Greenwoods here. And the student council president. You've heard of me, she asked through a posh English accent. Come to think of it, I had heard the name, but I didn't think much of it. As I don't pay attention to people I don't know, if she's council president then that means she has been here longer than her siblings have. I think it's best not to dwell on it.

"You didn't answer my second question, what do you mean Limbo?"

She looked at me with a piercing stare, her eyes almost glowing in the dim light. "Alex, you've experienced what is a hidden hell on earth, a type of realm inaccessible and invisible to typical humans. So, that entails you aren't completely human, as no human throughout history could pass through or even see Limbo. Not even Jesus Christ could when he was down here during his time. And we all know what he is."

It was official. I had gone insane. This can't be real. A bunch of bullshit. Malarkey, hogwash Houki, asinine, nonsense! What the hell was this psychopath talking about? Or was I still dreaming?

"Okay, Woah Woah Woah, let me stop you right there Ms. Greenwood."

"Sofia please."

"Okay, cool. Fantastic. What is this dungeons and dragons? Or am I somewhere in a psych ward having a psychotic breakdown?"

"No. Here. Let me prove it to you. In lore, demons can be distinguished by saying the lords name in Latin. Or by praying. Here." She wrote down Christ's name in Latin.
"Repeat this, and speak a bible verse."

It took me a moment but I thought of one. Although cliché, John 3:16 was one my grandmother often kept close.

" John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

I wasn't paying attention but I then looked up. 

Around me, the ground shook, and I could see Limbo phase in and out of existence. 

Sofia's true form showed herself in that blink. As her eyes turned black and she groaned in irritated pain with a warped deep voice. Black veins surrounded her pits for eyes, and her teeth grew sharp and rotten.

 Blood poured from her nose, and a single black shiny jagged horn faded in and out from reality. She had her ears covered with long, bone-like fingers with sharp nails, almost like claws. My face turned white with fear. I wanted to jump out of the chair, knock her out and run. But I resisted. I mean she helped me.

"Okay. That's enough.....please." She said, turning to normal. The pretty glowing face returning.

"I-I'm so...."

"It's okay, you doubted me, so I simply proved myself."

"So what now? If I'm not completely human, then what am I?" I asked, sweating in fear.
"I'm not entirely sure, however there is demonic power in you. Which, leads me to believe you have demonic origins. Now please, I know this is a lot to take in, but try to rest up okay? Your wounds are very bad,"

"What happens if I fall back in limbo again?"

"Well seeing as I am the one who ordered you to be treated, and taken under. I think it's clear that I am now your master. In return you will have my protection. Outside of this, you'll be known as student council Vice President. Obviously more then just a title, you'll be working with me on council duties as well. So don't worry about the title is empty. It has its purpose."

"Wow, really? Thank you Sofia."

"Don't mention it. Now please rest."