Episode III: Demons and Limbo

At the same time

I was allowed to stay in the nurses' office for a bit and lay down on the bed to catch my breath and level my mind. Right as I was about to fall asleep. Did I ever fall? The floor caved in and the room warped. 

The roof crumbled away into ashes, the sky spinning again, what I saw before me where black beings carrying spears and shields screaming as they fought what looked like angels. I took cover behind the bed which was now a black mass made of what felt like glass, one of the black beings took their adversary by the throat jabbing a spear through its chest, ripping their heart out. The walls crumbled again, giving me a chance to escape. I took it, launching myself off the hot tiled floor through the exit. I didn't care where it was going.

It lead outside, I looked around to see the school yard was ripped apart, pieces of land floating in the air, the trees looked dead, evil and had angels hanging by nooses from the branches. The gym was upside down in several pieces, skeletons and bodies of what I assume to be students fell out.

 The pit that the gym left behind was spewing flames and smoke. It looked like a war zone flipped on its head. The sky was spinning around so fast, for all I know days turned into seconds, there was even a literal hole in the sky, at least that's what it looked like. Perhaps it was the sun, it was black and looked dead. 

'I need to get out of here....' I thought to myself. The schools main building began to crumble as an explosion went off close to where I escaped. It flung me across the school grounds onto the track and field area, which was surrounded by black shadows spinning around and around the track screaming. I was in the centre, I took a moment to look around, there was an old run-down building with its windows still intact, and seemed relatively unaffected.

 Right as I was about to make a break for it, more screams came from the air, but it was from the schools main building which was now a pile of rubble. The same black monsters emerged as did the angels. It seemed as if there was an all-out war going on. And I'm caught in the middle of it. An angel crashed into the ground next to me knocking me over, when I came to, I saw it's head was missing, and the stub was dumping buckets of blood on the dying grass. I crawled away screaming. I had to get to that house!

I took a dive just getting clipped by the black shadows, it spun me around causing me to land on my legs in a horrible way, I heard a crack and sharp pain shot up my left leg. I broke it. I tried standing up, only to lose balance, so I decided to crawl. 

Coming just within feet of the front door, my chest met a hot sharp object, and my vision flashed odd colours. I got onto my knees with what muscle I had, and noticed I had been shot with a glowing white spear. I kneeled over throwing up blood all over my hands and knees, I took the doorknob with my now bloody hands but it opened. A pair of hands took me by the shirt and carried me in the building with haste.

—————————-

"He's trapped in limbo!"

"What?! How?! He's human!"

"Well clearly he's not all human if he can transport himself!"

"Back up, I know a spell, it'll get him out."

*FLASH*

"His injuries transcended worlds, if we don't help him, he'll die."

"I saw him on the way here, he was trying to escape an angelic assault. One of them got him with a spear."

"I can see that. Yet another reason he isn't fully human. Why would angels attack a human?"

"I don't know. Healing magic is working though, it's repairing his vitals."

"Is he going to make it? You know since we saved him, he's naturally going to have questions."

"And I'm prepared to answer any he may have. Just keep him out of Limbo. As long as he's out, the angels can't direct an attack on him. Or sense him."

"Where's Rose?"

"She's outside distracting the attackers. Trying to draw them away."

"Okay good. The last thing we need is our cover blown by a bunch of moronic holy soldiers. It would be an embarrassment to our kind."

"Careful removing that holy spear, touch it and you'll burn yourself something terrible."

"I've burnt myself before. Trust me I know what it feels like."

"What about his broken leg?"

"That's already healed. Mortal wounds are easier to heal."

"You didn't answer my question."

"Hm?"

"Is he going to make it?"

"Why are you so concerned about him? I only brought him in because you ordered me to."

"I don't know about you, but I see potential....."