Episode XI: Home Truths

I sat on the couch deep in thought. Thinking about what may have caused all of this to happen. This all started because I gave some homeless beggar money. Next thing I know I can see demons and a hidden hell on earth. The thought of it all, just turns my stomach. For all I know there could be demons looking in my window right now. And I don't even know it. I can't see Limbo on command. That in of itself is terrifying. I could be being watched at all times of the day and not even know it.

Suddenly the bathroom door opened along with an elongated sigh. Steam escaped the room along with a scent of fresh fruit. I looked over to the source of pattering feet to see Phoenix with her hair down and a towel around her. "Your shower is amazing. I haven't been that relaxed in a long time!" She said with a smile.

"I see you've made yourself at home." I said flatly.

"Don't be such a prude, I let you have your own room and personal aid back home. Cut me some slack." She huffed, her right arm under her chest.

"So why did you want to stay with me?" I asked tilting my head.

"Because I want to get to know the person who will be by my side for the next hundred thousand years and then some. Silly. And because I'm still new to this realm. Sophia has been around here much longer than me. I've only recently been allowed by father to come here." She said with that same smile.

"Will I have to meet him at some point? Why didn't I meet him earlier?" I asked confused.

"Oh, that's right I forgot to tell you. He was in the middle of business, trade meetings with Heaven and Asghard. There are certain things that can't be made in hell and visa versa, so we have trade agreements. For example. Bloodstone is used for smelting in Asghard, so we trade it to them in exchange for ore that isn't available in Hell."

"Sounds interesting, but trade agreements? Did something happen?"

She looked to the side.

"I don't know if Sophia told you or not, but our mother was an angel. And when we were born it divided every dimension morally. Especially heaven and hell. The ones who agreed with Father allied with him, and the ones against him want to oust him as leader of Hell, such as Mauthaczar. Think of it like a supernatural civil war. Some saw father as a trailblazer breaking boundaries, others, a traitor. I'm not a pure breed Demon. Sophia, Ella, Dante and I are what is called Nephalem. A hybrid of angel and demon. Some call it the dawn of a new era, some people think it's the worst thing since the mark of the beast. Before us, those hybrids never existed. The thought of an Angel loving a Demon was blaspheme. But, now that's changed. The tradition has been broken. And now the old world style beliefs have been brought into question for the first time. We have the weaknesses of Demons, and the power of both. Some have it better than others of course, for example I can't be harmed by holy crosses or bible verses. Sophia can."

"She once had me recite a bible verse to prove who she was..."

"Yes, she told me. It's alright, shes fine. Shes just in her domain right now."

"I see."

"So you may not see it, but the danger we're in is very real. Thats why you're here. A Purgatory Walker protecting a Nephalem."

"Sounds like the punchline to a bad joke...." I chuckled. She punched my arm again.

"Don't say that. You need to have a little faith. Here, I want to show you something."

Phoenix turned around and dropped her towel, showing her body. Then suddenly a huge pair of wings erupted from her skin. One, was pure white, the other was a demonic black and red.

"See?" She said "Half and half...." I looked in awe at the display. She wasn't kidding. The wings where easily ten feet a piece and as wide as a person. She put them away and put her towel back on. "I'm seen as a hunters prize to those who want me dead. Legend tells of great wealth and power comes to those who kill Nephalem. Thankfully we have powerful allies. Since the rules have been rewritten, some Fallen Angels have joined our cause to end this war."

"Like who?"

"Baal, a duke of hell, Barbatos, Astaroth, Gadreel and many others. But there are very powerful people fighting against us too. Like Beelzebub, Kokebiel, Samuel, Zeper, and Furfur. And who's the man leading them all? A Demon King known as Beleth. A horrible, disgusting man, he rules 80 legions of demons and controls them through fear and murder. A very old world style ruler of Hell, who must die."

I tilted my head as she said that. "Beleth? I don't think I've heard of him."

"I'm not surprised, Christians don't often talk about him, and those who do are humans or other demons that worship him, or spread his lies through mischievous means. Like the news, politics, even people like celebrities."

"So what you're saying is..?"

"Mhm. Demons are everywhere, and manipulate humans in many ways, at least the ones who wish death on you."

"That's a relief...." I said with a sigh.
"Of course, why on earth would I hurt my trusted protector?" She said flipping her hair, making her chest bounce. I blushed a little.
Phoenix noticed and chuckles at me.

"Only natural for a teenage boy to stare at a woman's breasts. I am gifted, aren't I? I'll let you in on a little secret. G cups. And yes, they're real~" she said with a sultry smile.
"Okay stop TMI TMI." I said waving my hands.
She chuckles covering her mouth. "Aren't you adorable when you're flustered."

"This might seem like an odd question, but is this suggestive behaviour a front of some kind?" I asked, slightly concerned.
"You're wondering if I'm toying with your emotions, is that it? Playing with your heart strings just for my own amusement?" She said tilting her head.

"Yeah. I only ask because I hate it when people give me the time of day only to kick me to the curb later..."

"I plan on keeping you for a long time." She cups my face. "So no darling, not at all." She pecks my cheek. "Don't ever think I'm toying with you to hurt you. I would never do that."

"Thanks...Oh also, the guest bedroom is across from mine upstairs. You can have it."

"Aww I was hoping I could snuggle with you....~"

"Oh for crying out loud!!"