Episode VI: Phoenix

Alex Webber

Sixth Circle Of Hell

Outside Of Lucifer Royal Family Castle

My eyes widened as I gazed at the massive castle. It was so big the very top couldn't be seen by the human eye. As it was concealed by smoke. The gate was made of what looked like solid gold, and the lanterns on the end were skulls with candles inside them. Hanging from the top of the gate was a gibbeting cage with a fresh corpse of what looked like an angel inside it. Beneath the base of the cage was a pentagram made of iron.  

Past the gate was a blood-stone path, and illuminating that path where lanterns being held up by elongated spines dripping with spinal fluid, that's what kept the candles lit. 

It was at that moment that I realized that the entire structure was sitting atop a platform being held up by the largest chains I had ever seen, each link was at least as large as a house, and the base was held up by a pillar of blood-stone in an ocean of what looked like blood with bile,  bones, organs and full body parts floating through the sludgy thick liquid. If you could even call it that. I could even see a person struggling to swim through the stuff, screaming for help before he succumbed to the messy mix.

I looked back at Sophia to see her in her Demonic form. Now in full light I could see everything, her pink hair swept lightly, horns coming out of her head, and her eyes where orange with black irises. "Sorry." She said. 

"I can't use my human form here. It's ineffective. Same thing with the rest of us." She said shifting the gears back down to first to slow down as we approach the gate. Once we got close enough, the massive padlock lit up, caught fire and melted away to open the gate. We then pulled in and the lock reappeared once the gate closed. 

"I told everyone you where coming so don't panic." She said trying to relax me. I was so confused, flabbergasted and a little nauseated that I couldn't feel much anxiety, I also couldn't feel my legs.

The gate opened with an ear-piercing screech, the rusted iron sliding across to let us through. Standing at each side of the gate was a guard dressed in black, ash-covered knight armour. Their faces are covered by full-face helmets. I looked at one, whose head followed me as we passed. 

"Don't look in their eyes. Those are Royal Guards. The stare they have can turn someone into stone." Sophia said chillingly. 

"Noted..." I replied. Sitting back in my seat watching as we pulled up to this mile-high fortress. It was then we stopped. She unlocked the doors and got out. However I didn't, I was still awestruck at the sheer size of this structure. It had to have been at least a mile high or more. It was like a blade piercing the sky. Not like any skyscraper back on Earth. Sophia noticed me sitting there in a stupor and she walked up to my window. 

"Hey. Listen, it's okay to be nervous, but they already know you're coming. I told them about you and they say you are a nice person. Don't be scared. I'll be right behind you." She said with a tender smile, well for a demon that is. I took a deep breath and opened the door, my back cracking and feet sore from staying still too long. I stood up and stretched out, Sophia walked off to the front door and I followed. Like the building, the door was large and tall. Made of dark wood and stone. It was covered in satanic engravings and on the sides were two golden place holders carrying melted burning candles. 

On the doors, the center was a golden handle. Sophia took the handle and rapped the door with it. Silence for just a few seconds until the door shook, dust and brimstone powder fell off as the door pushed itself back and slid to the left. Revealing an ominous porch that was hardly lit. Just the occasional red light from a flame. She led me inside.