Chapter 15

**(Edited)**

Ellie's POV

"What are you doing here?" I rant out. She looks up at me with a go to hell look. I feel Tanner push up my shirt, exposing my back and placing his hand on the small of it as he rubs it up and down to calm me.

She glares at me "This is why you think you're to good to call? You haven't called me and I told you yesterday you had to. You are fucking the football team now? You're still a child but I always knew you were a good for nothing whore."

My breath catches in my throat. She look's at Tan's shirt that says Alabama Football and she starts running her mouth about me, before I even have a chance to speak. I look up at her holding my tears back, she's not worth them, just like Grace said.

I feel like I'm going to throw up. Tanner shifts behind me and tightens his grip, obviously my mother sees because she rolls her eyes at him. I get why, on the outside he looks like a typical jock and player but on the inside he's the best person I could have ever met. I'm lucky to be with him because he loves me. I know the situation we were in minutes ago looked compromised but it doesn't matter to me because I love him.

I feel the words rise in my head and they flow out uncontrollably "You do not call me a whore! I have done nothing to be ashamed of. I have a perfect GPA and I haven't asked you for a fucking dime, so don't you dare come here acting like mother of the year when we both know that in three weeks when I turn 18 you'll never speak to me again!"

It flows out so fast. I guess this is what Grace was telling me about, when you have had enough and you explode. I feel so much relief and then again I want to call her as many negative things as possible but I know she's not worth it. It may also be that having Tanner right beside me is giving me so much power because I know he will protect me.

"Tanner can we go? I want to leave" I demand as I grab his hand and turn around with the tears in my eyes. One look from him and I know he's not moving.

"Tell her how you feel and I promise you'll feel better, just do it Ellie. Blow your fucking gasket" he whispers as I turn. Truth be told, he's never seen me mad.

"Why are you here? I left living with you for a damn reason!" I talk as she glares.

She yells at me, spitting in my face "I have given you everything you ungrateful bitch, everything! I only ask of you to call me so I have record of me taking care of you for your fathers child support!" That freaking monster.

There it is the real reason she's so fake to everyone else, she had to for the money, she hasn't loved me in years. I knew it, she cares about that stupid money, she's so superficial and nasty. I hope my dad told her a long time ago how he feels.

I can't help but feel sorry for her. She's obviously got psychotic issues. No one in their right mind would pick child support over their child. I knew she didn't love me but hearing it for the first time makes it clear in my head, I don't need her. I don't need this relationship because I don't care anymore.

I laugh at her. I let out a loud laugh, "You gave me everything? You didn't give me shit! Dad pays for your house, food and clothes. Not mine. You take all that fucking money and use it on you! I had to get a job just to steal food out of the freaking restaurant so I could eat leftovers each week. You have done nothing for me in over a year! I bet you didn't even notice how much weight I lost my last year of high school! I couldn't eat because you locked all the fucking cabinets, I lost thirty pounds! I payed the electric bill, the water bill, and insurance! Your ass didn't do anything for me. Oh, and your forbidding of me talking to dad, that's shit, I talk to him every week because he's worth my time."