57

July

Things had just about gone back to normal, but Kendall had finally embraced working from home and had been doing it three out of five weekdays so she could spend more time with me. I thought that she would've gotten sick of me by now, but every day she'd try to get home as early as she could for me, and she'd be happy if I surprised her at work too.

We'd finally got to a place where I was completely happy again, and I couldn't wait to marry her. We were sitting in her office at home one rainy afternoon and she was typing at her computer while I watched something on my laptop on the other side of the desk, and she groaned loudly.

"What's wrong Ken?"

"I just typed a completely wrong paragraph. I have to start again" she pouted

"It's okay, I'm sure it'll be perfect this time"

"It'd better be, or I'll be so mad"

"I have tummy ache" I told her and she softened up and looked at me sympathetically

"Baby" she took my hand and stroked it with her thumb "do you need painkillers?"

"Mhm" I nodded

"Okay, wait there"

"I'll go" I said and got up, but she shook her head and gently pushed me down onto the chair

"Stay, I'll get it for you"

"Be quick" I said and she kissed my temple before promptly leaving. I heard her quick footsteps on the wooden stairs, then a few minutes later I heard her coming back. I felt so tired and drained, all I wanted to do was go to sleep but I wanted to stay with her so I pretended to be okay aside from the pain. I sat up in my chair in time for her coming back, and she gave me a hug.

"Poor y/n" she said and gave me two pills, a glass of water and a hot water bottle

"How did you know it was cramps?" I asked

"You said you were due on for tomorrow. Are you a day early?"

"No. I just have tummy ache" I said

"It'll be okay. Why don't you go to bed?"

"No!"

"Why not? Won't it make you feel better?"

"No" I grumbled and hunched over the hot water bottle while she watched me worriedly

"You have to go to bed. I'll go with you, I'll work on my laptop and you can go to sleep"

"But that feels selfish"

"To move me into a comfy bed?"

"Yeah, I know you prefer working in here"

"I'm almost finished anyway. You're the most important thing ever to me, I don't mind taking a few extra minutes because I'm a little bit too comfy to concentrate on sending a stupid email to corporate" she said and I smiled softly "what?"

"That made me have butterflies instead of cramps"

"That's what I'm here for. Wait twenty seconds, I have to make sure this is all done on here"

I waited patiently and quietly on the chair for her to be done. When she was finished, she led me to our room and tucked me into bed with my hot water bottle and got herself comfy next to me, and got to work again. I didn't want to sleep, I just wanted to be with her.

"Are you okay baby?" She asked

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be okay?"

"You're so sleepy. Go for a nap, I'll still be here"