21

Kendall's POV

Just as I'd got comfortable in the meeting and knew that y/n was happy on her phone, undoubtedly watching tiktoks or going through her Instagram, a man with dark hair and a beautiful smile was talking to her and she was smiling back at him. Maybe he was just asking for directions.

Then he sat down next to her and she put her phone down so she could have her full attention on him. I felt a familiar pang of jealousy in my chest, and I couldn't look away. She was facing away from me for a while, but the man she was with was looking at me a lot. I stared back at him because I knew my stare was intimidating, but he wouldn't back away from her and he was smiling and laughing with her. I really wanted to just walk over there and slap his smug face. That was my girl and he was so easily stealing her attention away from me.

She looked back at me and I looked away so she'd know I wasn't happy with her, and I tried to ignore her for the rest of the meeting but she was just being so nice to him. I wished that she wasn't so naive, she probably didn't even realise that he was flirting with her. At lunchtime, everyone decided to go for some food together, and y/n smiled at me when I came out of the room so I beckoned her over to follow me. "You have my cigarettes" I said quietly and she nodded and passed me one, but she was still talking with that guy she'd just met and I couldn't remember being more pissed off with anyone for a long time.

"Hello Ms Jenner" the guy she was speaking to said and I gave him a look that told him to back off, so he went to speak to his boss and y/n caught up to me and just looked at me, expecting me to say hello to her.

"Don't stare at me, it's weird" I finally said

"What did I do?" She asked innocently, which pissed me off even more. She knew I was mad, and she was trying to get away with it on the basis of being cute.

"Flirt with that little boy over there. How old is he?"

"24" she said

"I thought you didn't like people your age? Or is that a lie too?"

"What have I lied about?"

"Being gay. Go away and flirt with him, I don't care" I snapped and went to talk with one of the men, and she looked really hurt and confused. I was too pissed off with her to care at that point, she was clearly more interested in him than me, so I decided to let her go ahead and do what she wanted. She wouldn't be bold enough to cheat on me, but the very notion of her spending so much time with a new person who she clearly found captivating and mysterious was enough to make my blood boil.

I didn't think she'd actually go back and speak to him, but she did and she was acting like I hadn't just expressed having a serious problem with how she'd just behaved and she was shamelessly flirting with him. "Look at our assistants getting along, Timmy really likes a New York girl every now and then if you know what I mean"

"She's not single" I said and took a drag from my cigarette

"Oh. Does she just enjoy male company?"

"Sometimes. I don't know who she's friends with really, but at the office her best friend is a man so I suppose she might prefer male company"

"That's a coverup for being a slut" he laughed and I nodded, and she looked at me like I'd just slapped her and called her a cunt. "Have you had a go on her?"

"She'd let me hit it" I said and she scoffed loudly

"Not today" she mumbled

"What?" Timothée asked

"Nothing" she said. I sneered and the look y/n gave me was one I'd never seen before, but it definitely wasn't a good one. For the rest of the day, she ignored me unless I needed a cigarette, and she didn't even look me in the eye.