53

1 Week Later

A week's time hadn't really healed the rift between Kendall and I, although she'd convinced me to keep wearing the ring and visit her at work three days a week of my choosing, but apart from that I stayed at home with the dogs or went to Ella or Sam's places for the day.

I was taking my afternoon nap when Kendall came into the bedroom and seemed relieved to see me lying in bed with the dogs "Kenny?"

"I was really worried, you weren't replying to my texts"

"I was napping"

"Oh" she said "I thought something bad had happened so I came right here to check on you"

"Nope, just sleeping"

"Want me to join you?"

"Yeah" I said and she took her jacket off and got into bed with me "hey"

"Hi"

"How was work?"

"Cut short by your nap" she said and played with my hair, then patted the mattress right in front of her "come here princess"

"I'm sad though"

"Why?"

"Just sad"

"Cause of me?"

"A little bit"

"Why?"

"You know why, stop ignoring it"

"I'm sorry" she said and kissed my forehead "do you wanna talk about it?"

"I don't think there's anything to really talk about, we just have to keep trying to work it out" I said

"Thanks for not leaving me and listening to me, I'm trying my best for you" she said. I knew she was trying her very best, but that didn't really make up for the fact she'd cheated on me with someone she'd told me not to worry about.

"I know, me too"

"I just wanna be able to go back to normal with you, I hate it that I've made you so sad"

"I don't even know how I feel anymore, I want to forgive you but I'm still really hurt by it and I keep worrying that if I let you get away with it this time then you'll do it when we get married"

"But I know how wrong it is now and-"

"You haven't had a single relationship where you haven't cheated now. That really worries me, is it true that once you're a cheater, you're always a cheater?"

"No, I'll never cheat again. I promise you" she said

"But you've promised me so much before and you've let me down"

"And I promise I'll never break a promise ever again. If I do, I'll understand you breaking all of yours too"

"Like leaving you?"

"Yeah" she said "I know that it's a big slip up, but it's still a slip up and I want to move past this with you"

"Can Ella come over later?"

"Definitely not"

"Why?"

"Because you're always all over each other" she said and I raised an eyebrow at her "fine, whatever you want princess"

"Thanks. She's coming at eight"

"That's quite late, don't you wanna do something with me?"

"But Ella" I said