41

"Welcome back!" Rebecca grinned and I squealed and ran over to her. Kendall smiled at me and shook her head while she unlocked her office and I hugged Rebecca and she was already trying to feed me biscuits. "Come on, I have a tea maker up here! Your wifey knows how to get lit"

"That's disgusting, stop talking like that" I cringed and she cackled loudly.

"So then, work buddy, what should we do?"

"First of all, I'm not your work buddy, second of all, we should work. I'm very thankful for Ms Jenner letting me have my job back after I fucked up last time so I think we should work for about an hour before we do anything else"

"Oh please, she told me everything. She and I get along surprisingly well, so I'd sometimes go into her office and we'd talk about her life"

"Was she sad when we broke up?"

"Devastated. I'd never seen any of my bosses like that before, all she'd do was stare at her computer and pretend she was doing something. That's why I came in and started to speak to her about life, and she was so heartbroken"

"What did she say?"

"She told me everything she'd done wrong and that you were right to have left her"

"That's so sad"

"And she went for therapy and she even tried to find you, she was asking around for you but no one knew where you were so she tried to make it feel better with Bella, but she told me she never felt the same about anyone else. Then the other week she came into work and she was so happy, and I knew she'd found you again. She told me you were living in her spare room and staying at home, then she emailed me and told me the good news that you were engaged and you were coming back, so I took the liberty of buying you a beanbag" she said

"Really?" I smiled and she nodded and produced a beanbag from under her desk. Kendall was working at her desk but I caught her eye and blushed

"You guys are actually so adorable, I'm crying" Rebecca smiled

"So you were Kendall's little trustee in all of this?"

"I believe I was"

"Did she ever talk shit about me?"

"She said you were very stubborn, but I think she was just mad"

"She said I was stubborn?" I asked, standing up

"But she was really upset and she didn't know what she meant, I think she meant you were opinionated and determined if you asked me"

"Hang on" I said. I wasn't mad, I just wanted an excuse to speak to her. I knocked on the door and she beckoned me in "Ms Jenner, I heard you were saying I was stubborn?"

"When was this? I don't seem to have an account of this" she said

"Well it happened" I said and she rolled her eyes

"Baby, go back to work please. I don't pay you to sit around and talk about me with Rebecca and ask about what I said after our breakup"

"But I wanted to know, sorry"

"I know, just do some work for me and I'll let you off" she teased and I pouted "stop doing that, if you're too distracting I might have to send you to work somewhere else. I'm engaged"