42

"No, I feel too shitty to go in today" I said while Kendall was trying to wake me up for work

"Come on, you'll feel better when you're up and running" she said and kissed my cheek five times in quick succession "don't be like this, you have to go to work"

"I've gone in for the past month"

"I know, and I'm very happy with you for that"

"But I have to sleep"

"Do it at work and get paid" she said

"Fine" I groaned and rolled out of bed slowly and dramatically for attention "ow!"

"Poor baby" she said, knowing full well I'd done it on purpose "shower time, then makeup and clothes then we can get breakfast on the way in if you want"

"But I don't wanna go to work"

"Why?"

"Because you'll be in a meeting all day and I wanna speak to you"

"You can't have me to yourself all day at work, but you can when we get back home. And we'll have Harley when we come home tonight, just look forward to that" she said and I nodded "thanks baby. I'll need you to behave yourself today though"

"I always do"

"Baby, let's be honest" she said and I shrugged it off

"Guess I'll go and speak to the guys then"

"No you won't. You'll sit in your office and do work instead of trying to mess with me, understand?" She said sternly so I nodded and she went back to being soft "I just need to make a good impression at these sorts of things, that's all"

"What sort of things? And why aren't I a good impression?"

"You are a good impression when you behave nicely and politely, so I don't want to be able to hear fuck this, fuck that from next door. Understand me?"

"Okay" I grumbled and went for my shower. While I was getting ready and doing my makeup she came up behind me and pulled my skirt down a little bit and readjusted my necklaces "stop"

"They're dirty old men, I don't want them to be able to see that much leg"

"It's fine, they'll be distracted by your wise words"

"Okay, let's go"

"I haven't finished doing my makeup yet baby"

"But I have to get in early to make sure I'm prepared, please can you do it in the bathroom when we get there?"

"Okay" I sighed "I just wanted to look pretty"

"You already do" she reassured and hurried me along while I tried to get everything together for my day, then when she was driving I got a call from my brother.

"Hey"

"Hey y/n, how's it going?"

"Not too bad, how about you?"

"Great, me and Greg have some great news. We're going to have a dinner on Saturday at dad's restaurant" he said

"That's so great, did you hear mine?"

"No, what was it?"

"Me and Kendall are engaged" I said shyly and she smiled at me with gentle eyes

"Fuck. Me and Greg are too" he laughed "joint party?"

"Joint wedding? No, I'm just kidding. I'll ask Ken now. Kenny, can we go and pretend to be surprised when Mike and Greg tell my family they're engaged?"