9

On Monday morning I came in a little late, but I assumed that Kendall wouldn't mind because of how nicely she'd been treating me lately. When she looked up and saw me coming in, she looked at the clock and shook her head at me. "Sorry I'm late, the queue took forever"

"That's fine. Go get the copies" she instructed

"Ok" I frowned and put her coffee on her desk and went down to the copy room. On the way, I had the fright of my life. My old boss, Harry was in the room where all the bosses went on their breaks and he smirked at me and winked while he was listening to another man speaking. I was almost sick, this couldn't be happening. I hurried away to the copy room and on my way back, he was standing outside that room alone, so I walked past and tried to ignore him but he stopped me by putting his arm in front of me.

"Hey y/n"

"Hello Mr Styles" I sighed

"That's a little cold" he laughed and ran his hand through his slicked back hair

"So is firing me for something you did too" I said "why are you even in this company?"

"Contracting. I'll be here for about a month" he said "maybe I could take you out for drinks, maybe dinner or something?"

"I'm interested in someone else"

"Who, your new boss?" He joked and I rolled my eyes

"I'm gay now"

"You weren't very gay when you were-"

"Y/n, what about my copies?" A voice behind me demanded my attention and I turned around to see Kendall standing there

"Sorry Ms Jenner, I was just speaking to my old boss, he's here on contracting" I said

"We've met" she stared him down coldly and he smiled at her "shall we?"

"Yes" I mumbled and followed her away from him. When we got into the elevator, she seemed to have calmed down, and she put her arm around me.

"How was your weekend?"

"It was good, but this week I have to look after Ralph cause Sam's gone to Colorado with her boyfriend"

"She's straight?" She frowned and I nodded "weird. I would've thought she was the gay one and you were the straight one, based on looks and the way you act"

"No, she's always loved boys I guess" I shrugged "wouldn't be me"

"Really?" She asked doubtfully and the doors opened so she let go of me and we made our way to her office

"Why did you ask me like that?"

"Like what?" She said

"That sounded sarcastic" I said "are you mad at me?"

"Why would I be mad at you?" She asked and sat down at her desk

"Because I was late?"

"I'm not mad" she shrugged but I knew that she was

"Ok. Do you want anything else?"

"I'm fine" she said "just go to your office and do some work"

"Ok" I mumbled and went into my office. I was used to looking up and seeing her look back at me, but it was like when she first started working here, she was being so cold and it was upsetting to see. I didn't even know what I'd done wrong.

During my lunch break, I went downstairs to see Rebecca on the front desk and she looked at me sadly "hi sweetie, I'm so sorry about what happened"