f ι ν є

B a m b i

Monday

It was 4am and I was already dressed and ready to start my training. I haven't been able to sleep since Uncle Brian broke the news to me about Emory. I knew she was adopted so I didn't expect the Taylor's to know that Emory was a wolf. But still, were werewolves so bad? I mean I grew up with Emory and she never threatened me or anyone else for that matter. But then again, she never knew she was one, so how would she know that she was some blood thirsty killer? Thinking about this whole situation has left me lying in bed, awake for the past 3 days. I'm happy I start training today, it'll be a great distraction.

"Bambi! Get up hon its time!" I heard Uncle Brian yell through my door. As I walked to my bedroom door, I stopped and looked at our family picture from seven years ago. I was nine, Fletcher was twelve and Vinny was seven. We were in a field of wild flowers taking photos for the annual Christmas card. Vinny and I were both on my dad's back, grinning from ear to ear. Fletcher was standing in front of us, my mother's hand on his shoulder. At the bottom with some really curly font it read, "Merry Christmas from the Falcone's! Gio, Regi, Fletcher, Bambi, and Vincent." I picked up the photo, smiling to myself as I realized how much of a daddies' girl I am. I was basically pushing Vinny off of my dad's back, taking up 90% of the space and clinging to him. I've always loved my dad, I mean don't get me wrong, I loved my mom just as much, but my father doted on me and spoiled me, especially since I was the only girl. Which was fine with my brothers, because they got plenty of attention from my mother. Vinny adored mom, I mean what seven year old doesn't love their mother.

Placing the photo back onto the stand, I walked out of my room, ready to face the day.

Four hours later

It was 8am and I was already exhausted. The minute I stepped out of my bedroom Uncle Brian and Fletcher had Vinny and I doing push-ups nonstop for 10 minutes. I collapsed after the first two minutes, and started up again five minutes later just to fall on my face again, but Vinny never stopped, not even once to catch his breath. After push-ups we did squats for another ten minutes, but I kept going until eight minutes were over. I thought were going to stop after that, but nope. We switched between planks, reach ups, and mountain climbers for the next two hours for twenty minute spans, taking 10 minute breaks in between. Around 6:30am, Uncle Brian sent Vinny and I to shower, and then to school. Uncle Brian told me that if I continued to shut everyone out that I would become depressed, that he was sending me back to school for "my own good". Whatever the hell that means.

He had already talked to my teachers about why I hadn't been there for the past six months, and they seemed to understand. I think I still had the same set of classes, the incident happening at the beginning of the school year. Today was April 12, the first day back from Spring Break.

I showered, feeling disgusting from how sweaty I was this early in the morning. I walked out of the bathroom (that was conveniently located in my room) and rummaged through my drawers for something to wear. I chose a black Green Day t-shirt, a black flowy skirt, black tights, and a leather jacket. I threw away all of my brightly colored clothes when I was still deep in mourning for Emory. Most of my wardrobe consisted of dark reds, greys, and black. The only things I kept that weren't those colors were band shirts and some clothes that I had borrowed from Emory but never returned. I laced up my black Doc Marten's, slung my book bag over my shoulder, and stepped out of my room.

"You ready Vin?" I yelled no where particular, just hoping he'd heard me as I grabbed and apple and started eating it. I finished off the apple as I put my motorcycle helmet onto my head. I heard him scramble and stumble down the stairs.

"Yeah, I'm ready," he sighed, walking past me and outside of the house.

"Um, I'm just going to catch a ride with Riker like I've been doing for the past six months if that's okay," he sounded unsure of what he said, as if he would upset me by not wanting to ride with me. Of course I felt like I embarrassed him, I mean I'm the girl who was attacked and almost raped, and shut out the entire world for half of a year. I wouldn't even want to be seen with me. So yeah, I'm a little upset that he won't ride with me, but I understand. I put on fake smile as I mumbled a "sure" to him and roughly pushed past him towards the front of the village. I hadn't ridden Georgie (my 'cycle) since that night, but I'm looking forward to riding him again. I didn't wait up for anyone when the gate was already open. I marched straight up to Georgie, rubbing the leather seat as I placed my helmet onto my head.