и ι и є

B a m b i

Tuesday the following morning, Uncle Brian told me that Korbin Dumphy (head elder) wanted to talk to me. It was the first time I had ever interacted with him; he actually scared me a little bit. When I first saw him, his eyes roamed all over my body, making me extremely uncomfortable.

"Hello Bambi," Korbin smiled, his eyes traveling down my body, resting on my waist before he realized that I knew what he was doing.

"Sit down Bambi," he told me. Sitting down, I placed my hands in my lap and my head was held high.

"That was some performance yesterday afternoon was it not?"

I nodded my head 'yes', pushing down the urge to smirk. He knew, I knew, the whole village knew that I had kicked Chauncey's ass.

"I must commend you for your skill, if I had known you were harboring such talent, I would've spoken to the council about you training years ago," him saying this made me relax a little, but my guard was still up.

"Why am I here?" I asked, fed up with his small talk.

"Obviously you have certain instincts that can benefit our cause. You are... a gorgeous girl. You're a drama queen and quite the actress from what I hear from Brian and I have a job for you if you continue defeating all of the boys who are currently training," he had a grin on his face, placing his arms behind his head as he put his feet on top of his desk.

"Which is?"

"We want you to be a baiter,"

"A baiter?" I asked, thoroughly confused.

"Basically, we'd pin-point a certain alpha or shifter or vampire right? We follow him; see if he has a significant other, any kids, things that could get into the way when we kill them. Your job would be to sort of 'advertise' yourself to him. Use your womanly charm to lure him into a trap."

"So basically I'm not fighting at all," I frowned, wondering why all men had to fit a woman wearing hardly any clothes into every situation.

"No, not unless he makes a move on you that you don't like." He concluded, placing his feet back onto the ground before folding his hands together.

"But where would I lure them?"

"We'll have different locations for every supernat you bait,"

"Why do I need to be a baiter anyway? Why haven't there been any before me? And what does them being single or not having kids have to do with any of this?" I was throwing out questions left and right, wanting to know everything he had in mind.

"You've been the only female in this village's history that wanted to train. As for your other questions, it's easier to bait an unmated wolf because he automatically sees sleeping with you as an option because he has no commitment to you," he answered me, looking more and more aggravated the longer I stayed in the room.

"So do I actually have to sleep with them?" I asked, my face scrunching up together. I'm barley okay with this baiting idea, but spreading my legs for these dogs? Hell no.

"No, of course not. Not unless you want to," he trailed off at the end, his face mirroring mine as I looked at him like he was crazy.

"You don't have to answer me now, but think about it. You're dismissed,"

That was Tuesday, which was three days ago. I continued to train for the rest of the week, and my endurance had surprising increased exponentially. I could keep up with Vinny with no problems, even finishing my workouts before him.