ѕ є ν є и т є є и

B a m b i

My feet were aching, and I know Jude was just as tired as I was. We've been running since the wee hours of the morning. I had a large hiking backpack on me filled with various necessities and plenty of money (just in case) to last Jude and I months. I told Jude to take me where he usually takes up shelter after we have our little gatherings. It's much much farther than I had anticipated.

It was currently dusk and we were in a small cave by the creek. Jude was out hunting for himself while I took out some dried fruit and beef jerky for my dinner.

When he returned, he had a small rabbit tucked between his teeth.

"Gross," I grinned, and he gave me a wolfy smile as he walked towards me, swinging the dead rabbit back and forth, getting blood everywhere.

"Oh my gosh you're so nasty!" I laughed, scooting away from him as he chased me around the cave. It was the most I'd laughed in a while, and I was grateful. We both got tired pretty quickly, and I leaned against the cave walls as he devoured his meat.

"Jude, I don't know if you'll understand this, but I'll tell you anyway," I started; I could see his ear twitch up to listen.

"I just found out that I'm a werewolf four days ago. My whole life is just one big plot twist. That's probably why I didn't kill you that first day I saw you. I felt some kind of underlying connection with you that I've only just noticed. And I'm so appreciative of our friendship and having you as a companion. You didn't stop seeing me when I told you that I had become a hunter. You still came and it means so much to me," I confessed, scratching and petting his back. He turned his head around and looked at me, really looked at me. He got up, moving my hand from his back. I let my hand hover in the air before he took his nose and poked the palm of my hand.

I smiled softly at him, picking up my little Jude and hugging him to my chest.

His placed his paws onto my shoulders and licked me face.

"So are you a werewolf Jude?" I asked, releasing him from my hold. He shook his head no.

"Then how do you understand me?" I asked in response. His mouth twitched upwards on the left side a little as he pawed at the ground. I guess that was his 'I don't know'. I sighed lightly, deciding to turn in for the night. I dug into my backpack for my sleeping bag and pillow so that I could go to sleep.

After setting it up, I crawled inside, and tried to go to sleep, unsure of what dawn would bring.

Jude shimmied himself inside of the bag next to me, radiating much needed heat as we slept until the morning sun.

ωΨωΨωΨωΨωΨω

"How much longer Jude?" I asked, kicking away rocks that were in my path. He turned and looked at me; it seemed like he was raising his eyebrows.

"Sorry, I'll shut up," I said quietly, pulling my hiking bag back up onto my back and continuing on.

We had walked for a few hours, made a few bathroom and food breaks. I never realized just how long it takes Jude to return home just from visiting me. We've been traveling for a good day and a half, how does he manage it?

I was bored yes; I started singing various songs that were floating around my head.

"Going off the rails on a crazy train!" I belted out, tugging on the backpack's straps. Jude turned around and looked at me like I was crazy.

"I'm entertaining myself, you know you love my singing," I grinned, continuing my homage to Ozzy Osborne.

"I could be even more annoying and try singing dupstep," I joked, laughing at my own stupidity.