є ι g н т

B a m b i

After jumping the fence, I walked along its wall to keep from being seen. Trying to avoid making any type of contact with Brian once I reached our cabin, I climbed inside of Vinny's bedroom window.

"Where have you been young lady?" I heard as I plopped into his room onto the floor. The lights flicked on and I was met with an angry looking Uncle.

"Out," I shrugged nonchalantly. "Not like you give a rat's ass about me anyway."

"That's not true," I heard Vinny speak up, but I knew it was bullshit.

"Oh, right because not wanting to be seen with your psychotic sister is the same as caring about her right?" I spat, getting up from the floor and brushing myself off.

"That's not-"

"Oh spare me the bull Vinn, I wouldn't want to be seen with me either. But that's me personally, I thought you'd be different about it," I frowned, revealing my true feelings about this morning's events. I tried to validate his actions, but in all honesty, I was lying to myself. I was pissed that he turned me down, angry because I embarrassed him to the point where he didn't want people remembering he was my brother.

"Let your brother talk," Uncle Brian said sternly, giving me a pointed look.

"Nothing he can say will change the way I felt and feel about how he pushed me to the curb. I just don't even want to hear it. I'm going to bed," I stormed out of the room, Vinny and Uncle Brian in tow.

"Listen Bambi!"

"Stop!"

I didn't want to listen, I didn't want to stop. I just wanted some closure from someone who wasn't the source of my pain. When I reached my room, they tried to follow me inside to which I slammed it shut in their faces. They continued to pound on the door while I grabbed my walky talkie and climbed onto the roof of our cabin.

Lying on the Toy Story blanket, I called a channel.

"I can't do this anymore Emory; it's too hard here without you. I have no one to talk to. Vinny doesn't like me anymore, Brian is a control freak, and I don't know what the hell Fletcher is doing. You were my only friend here. I miss you so much Em, it's all my fault," I sobbed, even though I knew no one was on the other side. Sniffling, I curled up into a ball, letting out all of my pent up feelings and emotions. I'm not over her death; I don't think I ever will be. I had no other friends except her and Araj, but he's the reason we went to that stupid game in the first place.

I looked to the sky, the stars showing themselves vaguely.

Did I still want to train? After all of the shit I went through today? My answer should be no, but something inside of me wants me to continue, show these boys who they're messing with. They go on missions once they reach twenty, maybe if I train hard enough, that'll be my ticket out of here. They've been to Canada and California and even London; I've been in Georgia my whole life. I remember the stories Uncle Brian told us about California when he went on his first mission to negotiate with a hunting party there. He said it was always sunny, lots of different types of people, beautiful beaches. He said it was like America's little slice of paradise.

I want that.

Sitting up, I wiped my face and climbed off of the roof and onto the ground, walking around the camp aimlessly.

After a few minutes, I noticed that my feet had led me straight to the infirmary. Walking inside, I saw Ivy sitting at the front desk.

"Hey Bambi, how are you?" she asked, not looking up from her papers.