ѕ є ν є и

B r i a n

"... you'll get exactly what this piece of shit did." she stormed off, shaking her head before jumping the fence and running into the woods.

"Bambi!" Vinny yelled, he was about to run after her before I grabbed his shoulder.

"Leave her be, let her cool off. You know how her temper is," I told him, looking at her figure shrink into the foliage of the trees. "I just hope she'll be back before sundown."

"Did you see that? She kicked his ass," he said to me, eyebrows raised up as if he didn't believe it.

"She almost killed him," Korbin spoke, walking past me without acknowledging my presence. Fucking prick.

"Where'd she learn to fight like that?" he asked Vinny, not even looking in my direction.

"I don't know, today was her first day. All she did was some exercises this morning," Vinny replied.

"Maybe it's just instinct," I peared over my shoulder to see Fletcher walking over to the unconcious Chauncey with a cot and medical bag. As he and a young girl picked him up and examined him, Fletcher continued.

"Some animals in captivity who have never interacted with their own species are known to give into primal instincts they've never witnessed when they feel endangered," he never lifed his gaze, all of his attention was on Chauncey.

"How is he?" I inquired, wanting to know how much damage was done.

"Hard to tell, he definitely has some broken ribs and his nose seems to be at an odd angle. She really did a number on him," he replied, a smile making it's way onto his face.

"But back to Bambi, it's not unusual for someone to give into the 'fight or flight' scenario. My little sister has always been a fighter, always was and always will be. She's no where near weak, and she is constantly giving into her instincts more than her common sense."

"But that still doesn't explain how she managed to take down one of our best men in less than five minutes," Korbin sighed, wiping the sides of his face with his hands.

"Maybe she's born with it," Fletcher shrugged, putting Chauncey's neck into a brace. "I mean our grandparents were fucking mobsters for crying out loud. Anywho, he could possibly have a concussion and/or a broken neck so Ivy and I are going to take him to the infirmary," Fletcher and Ivy then left, carrying Chauncey with them. Everyone had dissapated except a couple of children with bewildered looks on their faces.

"Serves him right," I heard a little girl who was a little more than four feet tall say, her arms crossed over her chest as her New York Giants snap-back was covering part of her face. With raised eyebrows, I asked her, "And why is that?"

"He's a douchebag. He said all kinds of crap to her before she snapped on him."

Now she had my full attention.

"Like what?"

"Stuff like how women are only used to make men happy and how they're weak blah blah blah stuff he says to me everyday," she retorted, pulling up her shorts.

"What?"

"Oh, right he doesn't talk about me much. Perpetua McCoy, but I tell the neighborhood kids to call me Tua," she stuck out her hand for me to shake. As I shook her hand, I noticed a small birthmark that was shaped like five roses grouped together by her thumb on her hand.

"I'm his bastard, he had a one night stand with my mom. She showed up 10 months later, leaving me on his doorstep because she was 'too busy to have a child' so he got stuck with me," her face was void of any emotion, like she had absolutely no problems with it.