и ι и є т є є и

B a m b i

"Bambi?" he said, my growl intensifying when my name left his mouth.

"Do you two know each other?" Alpha Niall asked, his back now straightened up and his voice low.

"We used to be friends-"

"You never deserved the title," my voice sounded different, a few octaves deeper and more deadly.

"It's your fault she's dead you coward!" I jumped onto him, tackling Araj to the ground. I clawed at his face, cutting his lip and eye as I released my rage. Someone came up behind me and tried to pull me off of Araj, but I turned to face them and snarled, not even caring who it was. My eyes saw red, and I wanted Araj's blood. However, he never fought back, which caused me to stop, almost fainting from the abrupt change my body was feeling. I stood up, feeling something drip onto my hand. I looked down to see a deep red, almost purple blood dripping onto my thumb. I reached up and touched my lip, accidentally pricking my finger on my teeth, which were now razor sharp.

Canines?

I felt like a stranger in my own body, these new things happening to me.

When I had actually calmed down and looked around me, Leif was wide eyed while Alpha Niall was frowning.

"And why is it you attacked my Pack Warrior?"

"Like I said, he doesn't deserve the title. He left me and Emory to die," I was still very upset, fighting the urge to spit at Araj's feet. Leif helped him up off of the ground.

"I'll take him to the Pack Doctor," Leif said quietly, escorting Araj out of the room.

There was a deafening silence that followed.

"Tell me from the beginning," Alpha Niall sighed, motioning or me to take a seat.

"It's his fault I became a hunter in the first place. We went to the same high school, the three of us were the best of friends, I trusted him with my life. He lured his best friends into a trap. Emory was murdered and I was almost raped and killed, but my uncle somehow knew I had snuck out of the house and killed the wolf before he got the chance to do anything to me. Ever since I've been in and out of depression, feeling like it was my entire fault she died, 'because I couldn't fight for her. If it weren't for his betrayal, she'd still be here," I frowned, wiping ghost tears that were threatening to spill.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but if it weren't for him, you might not have ever known you were a werewolf until it was too late. I'm not condoning his actions, but good things can come out of tragedy. That being said, don't attack him again. Obviously he's sorry, or else he would have fought back when you pounced onto him. Everyone deserves a second chance; we gave you one, so why not give him one?"

"It's easier said than done Alpha," I scowled, but I knew he was right.

"I know. Well good/bad news is that you were extremely close to shifting just then. Your nose was just beginning to turn into a snout before you stopped yourself from harming Araj further," he spoke, crossing his legs.

"How's that bad? I though that's what we wanted."

"You don't want your first shift to be under anger. You want your first shift to occur while you're in a peaceful state of mind. The more peaceful you are, the less the Shift hurts. Now don't get me wrong, if you don't have Alpha blood running through your veins, the Shift can put you into about a two day coma and it takes a long time to recover. Most Alpha blood wolves shift anytime between three and twenty-one years old, but it's rare for a wolf to not shift before they're sixteen; I guess you and your brothers are exceptions.