I then noticed his attire.

 He was definitely out of the norm, thanks to Juice. I was surprised to see that he wasn't sporting the regular snapback, along with the latest Jordans. Instead, he was literally dressed to impress.

I could barely keep my eyes off of him as he silenced everyone. Bitches flocked to him on the regular, but I was sure that tonight, they would be damn ner trippin' over eachother just to get his attention. I mentally scoffed. Eve nudged me, and I turned to see both her and Trinity smirking at me. Brushing them both off, I returned my attention to August.

"Aight, y'all. You know tha drill. Enjoy ya'selves, but stay focused. Tonight, it's gon' be a whole lotta niggas in hea' wit' a whole lotta money. That don't mean get carried away. Be careful outchea. Niggas will say anythin' ta get yo ass in tha back rooms, but y'all know tha deal. Don't do nothin' you ain't comfotable wit'."

He paused, looking around. Our eyes briefly met, and he stared at me for a moment, almost as if he were attempting to directly relay his previously stated message to me. After a few seconds, we broke the contact, and he continued.

"Aight, enough of da serious shit. Have fun, and handle ya shit."

With that, he ehld the bottle of brown liquid into the air, causing for an uproar of cheers to erupt throughout the section. I threw the rest of my beverage back, ignoring the stinging sensation that followed.

"So?"

I looked towards Trinity, who was giving me a look of instigation.

"So....what?"

"He looks good, right?"

She and Eve smiled at eachother, and I immediately took it as my cue to leave, laughing as I stood.

"I'm not about to deal with y'all tonight."

 Slightly adjusting my clothing, I walked off as they laughed. I was sure they would get along just peachy with ALonzo and Val.

The doors had been opened, and as I glanced over the balcony, I could see that the club was already nearing a capacity. I allowed my eyes to travel further, noticing that there was still a long ass line of people, anticipating the ability to get in.

"How you holdin' up, lil bit?"

I glanced to my left, smiling at Trim, who was sipping from God knows what.

"I'm good....what are you drinking?"

He looked into his cup, slightly frowning, before shrugging. "Hell if I know."

I laughed, shaking my head at him and looking around. I noticed that most of the females had began clearing out in order to make their way downstairs.

"I should probably head downstairs, now, and actually do something productive."

We laughed together before bidding eachother goodbye as I began to make my way to the stairs in which led to the downstairs area. There was a lounge area, the dance floor, the bar....the club was big as fuck, and I didn't even know where to start.

Before I could even debate with myself, I felt someone grip my arm. My head turned, only to be met by none other than August. We stared into eachother's eyes briefly, until he cleared his throat, releasing my arm.

"Aye, be careful, aight?"

I wanted to roll my eyes and respond with a smart ass comment.

You ain't my daddy, nigga.

I don't need you worried about my every move.

If you grab me like that again, we gon' fight.