Chp 4

I groaned and rolled over, still feeling the effects of last night's alcohol. I noticed that the screen of my iphone was lighting up continuosuly, signaling that I had either a missed call, or text. I sat up and swiped the screen, unlocking it. August had sent me a text last night, giving me the directions as to where I was supposed to meet him.

Shit.

I'd completely forgotten that I was supposed to be meeting him. I jumped up, immediately running to the bathroom and adjusting the water of the shower. Within 45 minutes, I was showered, my teeth were brushed, and I was dressed. I had no idea how I should dress for a traphouse meeting...sweats? Or was I supposed to dress up? Noting that I was already fifteen minutes late, I settled on a simple Ulla Johnson Elta jumpsuit, pairing it with a pair of Antik Batik beaded sandals. Since I was running on such short timing, I quickly threw my hair into a large high bun before grabbing all of my necessities and hittin' the door. While riding on the elevator to the lobby, I dug out my compact mirror, applying both eye liner and mascara. By the time the doors opened, I had already applied lip gloss to my lips and placed my Marc Jacobs' rimmless glasses onto my face. I damn near ran to the valet to recieve my car. I appreciated the serrvices, but when I was in a rush, it only seemed to irritate me. I tapped my foot impatiently as the young valet smoothly drove my car to the entrance and placed the gear into park. I basically lived in a gated community, so I knew that I couldn't get too ally over how slow he was taking. He smiled at me as I validated parking before snatching my keys from him and hurrying to the drivers' seat.

"Shit. Shit. Shit."

I knew August was gonna be pissed. He hadn't even bothered to call and cuss me out yet. I'd done so much begging and shit to get in on the business, and here I was, running late. My face contorted as I remembered last night's events. I became re-pissed over the fact that he'd bassically treated me as if I were nothing more than a teenager that had gotten caught sneaking out of the house. I turned the music volume up, making sure i'd plugged the address he'd texted me into my gps. Within 20 minutes, I arrived at a large platinum gate. I wrinkled my eyebrows together in confusion, lowering the volume of my radio. Wasn't I supposed to be going to a trap house...in the middle of nowhere? Before I could press the intercom button, my phone began to go off. Assuming that it was August, I rolled my eyes answering with an attitude.

"What?!"

"Well, hello to you, too."

My face softened as I heard Kayla, one of my best friends since freshmen year. She wasn't always around, due to the fact that she was an aspiring model. She was constantly out of town for photo shoots and events, but when she was home, we chilled often.

"Girl, my bad. I thought you were August's crazy ass."

I heard shuffling before she responded. "What he do this time."

I chuckled and shook my head. "That's a long ass story, that I plan on sharing on Saturday." Saturday nights were always our 'girl times.' All of us would meet up at one person's house and drink, gossip, and lounge around make-up and men free.

"Well, I was just calling to say that I came back into town early, and got invited to this event at some club. I figured i'd call all of y'all up for a night out on the town."

I thought about the previous night, and how I hadn't been able to enjoy myself because of August's jealous ass.

"You know i'm down. But I gotta go, so just give me the add alongs later."

After hanging up with Kayla, I took a deep breath and pressed the button. To my surprise, a voice instantly came across.

"How may I help you?"