Chp 22 (pt 2)

"I never agreed to this." I laughed as August led me to his room.

"I ain't even tryna hea' all dat."

I watched as he slid the card into the door, widening the door and allowing me to enter, following me after.

"Shit."

I glanced around the room. If our room was nice, his was a blessing from God himself. I figured that's what the penthouse suite would get you. Not to mention that he had a complete over-view of the city. I walked over to the window, in awe.

"It's nice, ain't it?" I felt his presence next to me.

"it's beautiful."

There was silence, and I could feel his eyes burning a hole into the side of my face. I cleared my throat, stepping back and looking around the rest of the room.

"So what'd you have to show me?"

He gestured for me to follow him, and I obliged, allowing my wedges to sound against the wooden floor.

My breathe hitched in my throat as he opened a door, revealing another part of the suite, which had been completely cleared.

"You didn't have to do all of this."

A table, along with two chairs, sat in the middle of the floor, complete with a white cloth. Two silver pltters sat among the table, along with a vase of seemingly freshly cut roses.

He followed me to the table. "Hea', sit down."

My eyebrows rose as he pulled the chair out for me. "Is this a joke?"

He could barely get his words out as he tried to fight back a laugh. "Girl, sitcho ass down. I'm tryna be a gentleman and shit."

I shook my head at him, smoothing the back of my dress before sitting down. He pushed my chair in before sitting down himself.

"You don't like it?"

I gently bit my lip. "It's not that.....I just want us to have a clear understanding."

He stared at me, and I took it as an opportunity to continue. "This is all really sweet. But, I'm not looking to get back together. This was supposed to be a friendly dinner, in a public place. This is way too intimate."

I looked up at his face, expecting him to blow up, as he usually would. Instead, he was texting away on his phone. I scrunched my face up. "Really, August? You're really on your phone right now, while I'm talking to you?"

He didn't bother to look up, but instead stood and made his way to the door as someone knocked. I scoffed, and stood, grabbing my clutch, ready to bounce.

I looked up in surprise as August re-entered, followd by Bone.

"You said it was too intimate wit' jus' us, so I invited B."

He gave me a confused look when he saw that my clutch was in my hand. "Whea' you finna go?"

I sat down, placing my clutch into my lap. "Nowhere. Hey, B."

He greeted me before pulling up a chair from God knows where and plopping down in the space between August and I.

I had to admit, it was pretty awkward having a big, grown ass man sitting in between us, but I was thankful that August had respected my wishes.

I wasn't afraid to admit that dinner was going unbelieveably well. Besides a few flirtacious side-remarks, August was doing fine. Not to mention that the steak that he'd had prepared for me, along with asparagus and potatoes was the definiton of amazing.

"You nervous bout tomorrow?" Unlike me, he'd settled for a simple hamburger and fries. When I'd asked him why he'd settled on such a simple meal, he'd responded "I'm a simple nigga. It don't take much to make me happy."

I chewed thoughtfully before responding. "No, not really. More excited than anything."

He rose an eyebrow at me, smirking. "Oh, you ready ta get put ta work den?"

I laughed. "I mean, money talks."

He nodded, chuckling. "True."

I looked up to see that he was giving me that same stare as earlier.

"What?"

"You know I ain't doin' all this fa decoration, Camille. I heard all dat shit you was sayin' earlier, but dat don't mean I was listenin'."

I cleared my throat, picking up my glass.

"All I'm sayin' is you wastin' ya breath, ma. I see somethin' I want, I'm goin' fa it."

I fake yawned, standing. "I think it's time for me to go, I'm getting a little sleepy."

He chuckled, standing along with me.

"Well, since you gettin' sleepy," He smirked, looking at me before continuing, Lemme walk you back ta yo room."

"No, that isn't necessary, I'll be fine."

Completely ignoring me, he gestured to the table. "Aye, B, you'll get somebody ta clean dis shit up?"

I rolled my eyes as he walked me to the door. Within about 10 minutes, we were standing in front of the door to the suite in which Trinity and I shared, and I prayed to the heavens above that she and Eve hadn't made it back yet.

"Well, thanks for dinner. I really enjoyed myself. And thanks for walking me back, against my wishes," I added.

He chuckled. "No problem. It was only right."

I smiled at him before sliding my key into the slot, and opening the door.

"You ain't gonna invite me in?"

I turned in his direction, and he had his hands in his pockets, grinning. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Goodnight, August."

"Goodnight, ma."