Chp 12

-----------------------CAMILLE

I glanced at my phone, once again, before shaking away the idea that had been simmering. For the past two days, Gio's advice had been weighing heavily on my mind. The thought of seeing August, let alone working for him was insane, but all I could do is keep on replaying what Gio had said.

Get in there and make yo money...

It all revolves around paper...

My thoughts were interrupted by the vibrating of my phone. I sighed and peeked at the screen, silently praying that it wasn't another bill collector. I was starting to run a little behind on certain bills...rent included.

The owner of the bulding had to be one hell of a wealthy man cause his ass was surely breaking my bank, along with every other tennant in this expensive ass hotel of an apartment. I was being charged damn near 4 grand a month for rent, and that wasn't even including service fees; valet service, gym fees, room service, and a $200 charge for living in a gated community.

I'd been ducking and dodging bill collectors left and right. I stood and made my way to the kitchen, not bothering to even touch my phone.

I knew that August's workers were paid well, and very well taken care of. I'd be set if I took on the opportunity, but the baggage tht came along with it all is what made me reconsider. Would he even be willing to hire me? If he was as desperate as Gio had claimed him to be, then I was sure he would. Aug didn't like to lose out on profit.

Consumed within my thoughts, I stood on my tip toes to retrieve a glass from the cabinet. With all the money I was missing out on, I couldn't even afford to buy a 4 pack of water bottles, even if I wanted to. I lifted the knob of the kitchen sink's faucet, patiently waiting for water to spill into the glass.

I squinted in confusion when I realized that my glass was still empty. Not even a drop of water had made its way out of the faucet. My eyes involuntarily turned to the stack of opened bills that I couldn't afford to pay this month that lay sprawled on the counter; the water bill sat ontop of the rest. I huffed, sitting the glass back into its original space.

Before I could even fully close the cabinet, there was a loud ass banging on the door. I turned on my heels, walking to the door. It was almost 10 o'clock, making me question who could possibly be banging my door off of the hinge.

No matter who it was, they were about to get their ass cussed out. It was late as hell, and I wasn't in the mood for any bullshit. Ontop of all that, I was still trying to figure out how I was gonna function without any source of water. My head was ringing, and all I wanted to do was hit the sheets.

I looked through the peep hole, only to notice that no one stood behind it. Confusion evident on my face, I unlatched the locks before swinging the door open. I peered down the hall, searching for any sign that only seconds before, someone had been there. The hallway was brightly lit, and the only sign of life was one of the building's many cleaning staff employees.

She ignored me, grabbing a bottle of cleaner from her cart. I cleared my throat gently, and she turned, giving me a tired look.

"Did you see anyone out here?"

Her white uniform was neatly pressed...not a wrinkle in sight. She tiredly gestured toward my door, causing for me to look behind me, noticing a yellow paper that I hadn't seen before. The word EVICTION NOTICE stood out in large red letters at the top of the page.

I quickly snatched the paper down in embarrassment. She only turned around continuing to collect various amounts of different labeled bottles before disappearing into the room that had requested her services.