Chp 3

"Damn, it's live tonight."

I nodded in agreement at Gio's comment, allowing for the over-sized bouncer to unhook the velvet rope and let us inside. There were a few jealous mumbles as Alonzo, Val, Gio, and I made our way into the Compound. We always had the hook up; perks of our status'.

"You know it's always hype in here."

We all laughed. All eyes were on us as we entered, all toned in the finest. I was already dancing as the bass to YG's 'Who Do You Love" vibrated off of every applicable surface. Before we could even fully make it past the entrance, we were being offered drinks left and right.

"Damn, I should've left my wallet in the car!."

I laughed as Lonzo yelled over the music. Ignoring all the helpless niggas that were trying anything to get in our pants, we made our way up to v.i.p., where yet another bouncer removed a velvet rope for us to enter. I immediately requested a bottle of Ciroc before sitting down next to Black, one of August's workers. I'd never understood why he held the name, due to the fact that he was the same bright ass skin tone as August.

"Wassup, lil bit?"

He had some random bitch in his lap that was mugging the shit outta me. I slightly chuckled at the sight and shook my head before responding.

"Where you been at, Black? I ain't seen you in a minute."

Before he could respond, the chick started to feel him up, kissing on his neck. She was heavily mistaken if she thought I was tryna get with him. Hell, knowing Black, he didn't even know this bitch's name. I cleared my throat and smiled.

"When you pickin' up Tajir and Tammy? They miss they daddy, Black. Now, you know I don't want to, but I'll take yo bright ass back to court if I have to. You know you already owe me over 10 grand in back child support-"

Before I could even continue, the broad was off of his lap and exiting the loft of the v.i.p. section. Typical hoe. Laughing, I looked at Black to see that he was now mugging me.

"Man, Camille, what the fuck was that?"

I couldn't help but laugh again.

"She was gettin' on my nerves, and I ain't feel like making a scene."

He sucked his teeth at me. "Man, you always instigatin' some shit. You betta hope ion tell Ant so he can put yo ass back in yo place."

I scoffed and waved my hand in a disregarding motion before picking the bottle of Ciroc up from its place and popping the top.

"He ain't shit. I got his skinny ass in check."

Black laughed before taking the bottle out of my hand and taking a swig.

"Speakin' of dat nigga...whatcu did this time? You had his crazy ass on full hundred today. Snappin' at any nigga and bitch that looked in his direction."

I shrugged nonchalantly. "I told him what he wanted to hear."

With that being said, I took the bottle back and stood, taking about a quarter of it to the head. If it was one thing I was good at, it was holding my liquor. I gave it back to Black and he shook his head at me. I danced my way over to the railing, surveying my surroundings. I saw that Alonzo and Val were both on the dancefloor. I glanced around, looking for Gio.I turned around when I heard the familiar sound of her and Trim arguing.

"Nigga, you didn't even come home last night, and you wanna try to act like I can't go out and have a good time?! You want me to stay at home and tend to your house, and your child while you out doin' you?! Hell the fuck-"