Chp 10

--------- AUGUST

I watched Mallorie wit hooded eyes while she wound ha hips around, focusin on me. Afta the shit wit Camille, I needed somethin to put me back on neutral. And shit, if Mal was throwin, I wasn't gon hesitate to catch.

It's funny cause I was actually tryin that commitment shit fa Camille, and I wasn't one fa relationships. I always lived by that fbgp shit. I was keepin my distance from ha, cause at this point, I wouldn't hesitate to choke the shit out ha. Despite the fact I could probably lay hands on ha ass, the thought of puttin a hit out on Camille hadn't even crossed my mind. I knew every nigga in this house was waitin on me to blow some shit up, or have some bitches cut, but I jus wasn't. Even through all this shit, I was still managin to hold my composure. I had too much business to handle to be worried bout some petty shit wit a petty ass female.

I ain't neva been the one to treat niggas how they did me. But as fa Mack...that nigga disrespected me in the worst way possible. He gained my trust, and then abused that shit. To me, that was one of the worst forms of disrespect.

I let smoke billow out my nose while Mallorie climbed on my lap.

I neva understood why niggas underestimated my abilities. I had eyes everywhere. If I ain't know, I was gon find out. I was tryna remain calm, but the shit was eatin me up.

I looked at Mallorie, who had stopped dancin, and was just posted on my lap.

"What's wrong, daddy?"

I let my hands rest on ha hips, and tilted my head back.

"I'm straight."

She sucked ha teeth and placed ha arms on my shouldas.

"You ain't even into it. Is it me?"

I sighed before pushin ha off, cause all that questionin nonsense was startin to piss me off.

"Nah. I just ain't in the mood."

She sat down beside me.

"It's cause of that Camille bitch, ain't it?"

Even though Camille was no where on my good side, I wasn't gon let nobody call ha out ha name.

"Aye, watch yo fuckin tongue."

She sat back, quiet fa a minute.

"You real caught up, Ant."

She stood up, about to walk off. I grabbed ha arm roughly, makin ha face me.

"What the fuck that's sposed to mean?"

She shook ha head at me and I glared at ha. She had more privileges than some of these broads that flounced through here, but she knew betta than to raise ha voice or come at me wit some authoritative shit.

"Nah, don't play dat silent shit now. You was just talkin like you was somebody, Finish dat shit."

She hesitated before gently pullin away from me.

"All I'm sayin is....you worried bout a female that can't even practice what she preach. You ain't ever act like this before...all whipped and shit."

I had the urge to reach back and jack ha ass, but I let it slide.

"Whipped?"

She nodded and I stroked my chin hair. She looked at me before sittin back on my lap.

"Just let me-"

I knocked ha hand from my belt buckle and rubbed down my face.

"Aye, what I said? I ain't in the mood. Go get back to work, man."