Chp 22 (pt 1)

"Damn."

I looked around in agreement to Eve's comment. I had to admit, this shit was laid. We'd just arrived to the hotel that we'd be staying in for the event.

"Ant wasn't playin'." Trinity wheeled her suitcase next to me, coming to a halt.

"It's aight." Ignoring Mallorie's comment, I shook my head. She was just upset because she'd been continuously getting rejected by August. With her childish ass.

"Aight, y'all get some rest." Black distributed room keys, along with Trim. August had disappeared almost as soon as we'd entered the lobby. I allowed my eyes to scan the perimeter, until I spotted August conversing with a guy I presumed to be Meech. As he was talking, his eyes met mine, and he smirked. I looked away, blushing my ass off.

But almost as soon as I turned around, I was met by the knowing looks of none other than Trinity and Eve.

"What the hell was that about?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I mumbled before basically flying towards the elevators.

-----------------------------------------------

"I'm so tired." I collapsed onto one of the two beds that rested in the suite in which Trinity and I were sharing. Eve was sharing a room with Nia, one of the other females, but had decided to chill in our room for whatever reason. Probably to instigate with Trinity.

"Me, too." I glanced over at Trinity, knowing that she was about to say some off the wall shit. "Tired of you, and Ant playin' games."

I groaned before burying myself in the white sheets. "We're not playing games, we just know how to be cordial with one another."

The bed dipped and I heard Eve's voice, indicating that she'd sat down next to me. "Yeah, right. Don't be tryna act like nobody saw that shit y'all pulled in the lobby. Not smooth. At all."

"Shut up."

"Mhm. Well, anyway, I'm starvin'. Y'all tryna go grab somethin' to eat?"

"I'm down." Eve stood as Trinity made her way to her suitcase to retrieve her leather jacket. They both glanced at me.

"I'm actually just gonna chill in here. I'm pretty tired."

Trinity side-eyed me, and I returned her gaze, attempting not to laugh. "Alright, I guess I'll let you off the hook tonight since you got a big day tomorrow. You sure you don't want us to bring you back somethin'?"

I shook my head. "No, I'll probably order room service or somethin'."

"Okay, well call if you need anything. We'll bring your lonely ass back some batteries."

Eve laughed, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "She don't need 'em. Her ass creepin' to August room as soon as we leave."

"Don't y'all got somewhere to be?" I hid my face, nervous as hell. I didn't plan on telling them that August and I had agreed to meet up for dinner in order to reconcile. But it was nothing, right? Just a friendly dinner.

My thoughts were interrupted at the sound of my phone ringing. I glanced around the room. I hadn't even noticed that they'd left. Sitting up, I answered the phone, assuming that August was calling. "Hey, I'm about to get dressed, now."

"Camille?"

I froze, unable to say anything. I must've been silent for too long, because he spoke again. "You there, baby girl?"

I sighed, throwing my feet over the edge of the bed. "Yeah, I'm here daddy."

He was silent for a moment, as if he were trying to choose the correct choice of words. "How've you been?"