Chp 24 (Pt. 2)

AUGUST

"Ion know 'bout this shit, man."

Bone glanced up from the newspaper he was lookin' at. I had just put on tha 'fit dat Juice had assigned fa' me ta wea' fa tha event, and a nigga was feelin' all outta his element. Velvet hats and scarves and shit. Juice usually hooked me up, but I was startin' ta reconsida ha services.

I turned in tha full length body mirror, fixin' my colla'.

"I like it. You look like one of dem sophisticated cats. Like you drink wine 'stead of lean."

I looked at dat nigga,actually believin' his ass, till he bust out laughin'. I straight faced his ass befa turnin' back around.

I wasn't no insecure nigga. Not by a long shot. So I was finna make do wit what I had. I looked down at my watch and saw dat doors was bouta open.

Bone clapped me on tha back. "Don't worry, yungin'. Females like niggas that wear suede."

I sucked my teeth at him while he laughed.

If it was anybody else, no doubt I woulda went off on they ass fa hittin me on tha back so damn hard. I played hard, but I was still a  skinny nigga.

But, Bone was 'part of tha team. I had known him almost as long as I had known T and Black.

"Man, whatever. I ain't even playin' wit yo ass today."

He laughed, followin' me out the room dat had been prepared fa me.

A nigga was jus' ready ta get his drink on.

------------------------------------------------------------------

CAMILLE

I settled onto one of the leather couches in the VIP section, already sipping on whatever concoction that Valerie and Alonzo felt the need to introduce me to. I'd left the two of them at the bar, shamelessly flirting with the bartender. Dancing a little in my seat, I allowed for my eyes to scan the section. Bringing the drink to my lips once again, I realized that the only people missing were August, and Bone. Everyone else was lounging around, simply waiting on his arrival.

Doors were about to open, and I was determined to be tipsy enough to actually entertain whatever thirst bombs I'd have to hold a conversation with before my performance. Niggas nowadays were a trip. I looked up as Eve and Trinity made their way over to me. Trinity stood, slightly dancing and sipping on her drink, while Eve plopped down next to me, grinning.

I side-eyed her. "What?"

"Have you seen your man?"

I blinked, staring at her blankly. "Who? August?"

Trinity scoffed. "Who else?"

Rolling my eyes, I sat my drink onto the glass table positioned in front of the couch that Eve and I were occupying. "What about him?"

"Girl, he look so go-"

Before Trinity could finish, I heard August's voice ring through the entire upstairs section. "Waaaaaaaahn."

I rose my eyebrows as he made his way up the stairs, and into the section that had been roped off, in which we occupied.

Smiling, he sipped from the bottle of hennesy that occupied his left hand. I had never seen him so....enthusiastic. It was weird, but I found myself smiling along with him.

He seemed so laid back, and careless. He was usually working his ass off, and held a straight face damn near 95% of the time of doing so.

It was cute to see him actually enjoy himself, and let go.