Chp 20 (Pt. 1)

I put in tha gate code befa pullin' into the driveway of Trim and Gio's crib, killin' tha engine of my Range. Hoppin' out, I hit tha locks. I ain't botha knockin'. I walked in ta see Trim sittin' on tha couch, talkin' on tha phone. He glanced at me while I walked ta tha kitchen. I took it upon myself ta make me a plate, seein' that Gio had thrown down. I sat down at tha bar, sayin' a quick praya befa damn near throwin' my face in the plate. I hadn't even realized dat I hadn't ate all day. I had been rippin' and runnin' so much dat a nigga forgot ta do vital shit. Afta a few minutes, Trim walked in tha kitchen, shakin' his head at me.

"Nigga, what I tell you bout knockin'?" We slapped hands, and I continued ta eat. "Then you in here eatin' my food?"

I side eyed him, pickin' up my bottle of Bud Light, befa takin' a sip of it. "Do yo ass knock befa comin in my shit?"

He sucked his teeth at me, and went ta the fridge, openin' it.

"Das' what I thought. Say, whea' that nigga Black at?"

Trim closed the fridge, openin' his pepsi. "I just got off the phone with that nigga. He should be pullin' up right now."

I said nothin' as I ate. My mama always said that you could tell whether or not the food was good by the amount of talkin' a person was doin'. I ain't know if it was good, or if I was just hungry, but a nigga wasn't sayin' shit.

"What y'all in here doin'?" Gio walked in the kitchen, followed by T.J.

Trim gave ha a kiss befa pickin' T.J. up. "What y'all doin' home so early? I thought y'all was goin' to the park?"

"We did. But somebody wanted to push a little girl off the slide." She side eyed T.J., and he hid his face in Trim's shirt.

Trim made him sit up. "Aye, you puttin' yo hands on females now? What I tell you about that shit? How would you feel if I pushed yo momma down?"

"I'd be sad."

Trim nodded. "Mhm. Let me find out you puttin' yo hands on somebody else, and imma beat yo ass, you here me?" Trim sat him down, shakin' his head.

T.J. nodded, startin' ta cry. I put my fork down. "Aye, aye....c'mere."

He climbed into my lap and buried his face in my neck. "Don't be doin' all that cryin'. Lil' girls don't like that. How you 'posed ta get a girlfriend like dat?"

He wiped his face, and I made a face at him, makin' him laugh.

"Go get ready to take a bath."

He followed Gio's orders, hoppin' down and leavin' the kitchen, and Trim followed him. I stood, puttin' my plate in tha sink.

"You need to stop babying him, Ant."

I twisted my lips ta tha side. "He only 4. Y'all bein' too hard on him."

"No, we're instilling values into him early. Neither I, or Trim want him to think that it's aight to put his hands on a female. I though Sheila instilled those same values in yo big ass head." She pushed my head as she walked past me, and I sucked my teeth.

"What you mean? I respect females."

She cracked up laughin' and I propped up on tha counter, muggin' ha ass. "What the fuck supposed ta be so funny?"

She gave me a look dat said "Nigga, please."

"Where in the hell do I start? First off, you still playin' games wit' Camille. She bout done wit' yo ass forreal."

I folded my arms, and looked off.

"You need to leanr how to treat a female."

I twisted my lips at ha. "Aight, teach me then."

She rose ha eyebrow at me. "You forreal?"

I rubbed down my face and nodded. "Yeah, man."

"You gon' do right by Camille?"

"Didn't I just say yeah?"

She rolled ha neck at me. "Don't be coppin' no attitude wit' me nigga. You be the one playin' games."

"Aight, man. Imma do right."

She smiled, satisfied. "Alright, here's what you have to do."