Chp 19

AUGUST

"Aye, B, pull up right chea'."

I couldn't believe the bullshit Black just told me. Who woulda thought Camille's big-shot attorney of a daddy was in the drug business? Throughout tha entire time me and Camille had been messin' around, I had never met ha folks. I knew he wasn't gon' live. Ain't nobody gon' play wit' my money and go about they business wit'out a care in tha world. Especially not if they owed me ova 400 grand in white.

When he first came ta me, I had no intentions of doin' business wit' him, and I definitely wouldn't have done it if I woulda known dat was ha' damn daddy.

 I hopped out the truck befa' Bone could make it ta tha do'. Camille pops had been fuckin' wit' my profit fa a while, and I wasn't finna continue wit' tha games.

I pulled up my pants befa openin' tha screen do' ta tha main traphouse. As soon as I walked in, I pulled out my .009 and cocked that shit, pissed as fuck. Mothfuckas just sittin' around, smokin' and laughin' like it ain't shit ta be done.

"What tha fuck we got goin' on hea'? A fuckin' family reunion? Get y'all asses up."

I shook my head in disbelief as they got up, scramblin' around ta tend to they posts.

"Aye, you," I pointed my gun at one of my newest, and youngest street workers, gesturin' fa him ta come ta me. He was tha only nigga not sittin' around like it wasn't nothin' ta do.

He made his way ova ta me, lookin' scared as shit. Tuckin' my gun back into my waistband, I glanced around.

"I'm puttin' you in charge. Any of dese niggas get outta hand, you got my permission ta put it ta use." I gestured ta tha gun tucked in his pants. He nodded and I walked off ta tha kitchen.

Seein' that everythin' was runnin' smoothly, I dipped, returnin' ta tha truck, whea' Bone was propped up, smokin'.

I had a lotta shit on my mind, and all I wanted ta do was sleep. But closed mouths don't get fed, and I was well aware.

CAMILLE

"So, you nervous about being the openin' act?"

Bone had dropped Mallorie and I off at the nail bar to join the rest of the girls. I was seated between Trinity and Eve, sipping on a bottle of Fiji water that had been provided almost as soon as my ass touched the pedicure station. I took another sip of my water, debating.

"No, not really. I was just surprised that August chose me," I answered truthfully.

Both Eve and Trinity side-eyed me, causing me to laugh. "What?"

"Bitch, you know you one of the best dancers in the whole house." Eve smacked her lips, and Trinity nodded, agreeing, "Mhm. I don't know why she tryna act all modest and shit. This ain't the BET Awards, and you ain't Nicki."

I cracked up, shaking my head. "Y'all are a mess."

"It's about damn time somebody showed up and showed out on Mallorie's ass. She think she the best damn thing since filtered water."

I surveyed Li's work, allowing my eyes to roam along my now burgundy toe nails in satisfaction. Thanking her, I stood, adjusting my clothing. "I'm not worried about her ass. I'm here for my own damn benefit, and like I said before.....she want August so damn bad, he's all hers."

As if on cue, Mallorie passed us, cutting her eyes at me as she made her way to the bathroom. I rolled my eyes at her bitch ass, grabbing my bag.

Eve stood up, about to say something, but I spoke before she could, calming her down. One thing I'd learned about Eve, rather quickly, was that she was crazy as hell. I'd never believed what everyone had said about Latina women being insane...until I had a conversation or two with Evette.

"Sit down, Eve." Trinity and I laughed at her as she huffed, cussing. Nonetheless, she sat down.

"It's not my plan to be here longer than a year, or two, anyway. So why entertain her stupid ass? I'm here to make my money, and get my shit together, and nobody is about to get in the way of that. Not her, not August....nobody."

-------------------

AUG

I made my way up tha stone steps, and into tha house. It was damn near empty, since everybody was out doin' shit ta prepare fa' our depart to New York. Instead of makin' my way ta' my room ta' get some shut eye, a nigga went straight ta my office ta handle shit. As soon as I sat down, I hit up Trim, lightin' one.

"Wassup, man?"

I inhaled, lettin' tha smoke settle in my lungs befa releasin' and speakin'.

"Whea' you at?"

"I'm on my way to the house, now."

I inhaled again. "Turn around. We got some shit ta handle."

"Where at?"

I sniffed and admired my rollie, debatin' wit' myself. "Gio at tha playhouse?" Niggas wasn't stupid. We always spoke in code, cause if it wasn't one thing, it was some otha shit.

"Nah, I don't think so. You wanna link up dere?"

"Yeah. Let that nigga Black know somethin'."

Afta hangin' up wit' Trim, I sat back fa a minute, finishin' off my blunt.

I came ta tha conclusion dat killin' niggas still wasn't gon' get me my money. I needed ta take a different approach. Standin, I pressed what was now a roach into the ashtray on tha edge of my desk.

I made my way out tha office, closin tha do' behind me, befa headin' to my room ta change.

A/N: AYYYYE. I know it's short, but ONLY because I plan on doing frequent updates, so I feel no need to pack a ton of shit into one chapter. I went to the X tour last night, and honestly, it was the best concert I've been to all year, maybe even ever. Great performers, and a great experience all around. Not to mention our seats were heaven sent. I mean, I went to Testimony Live, and of course, Aug was amazing, along with Teyanna. But the experience was shit; the club made us wait outside in the fuckin rain, bitches was passin' out.....just awful. Aug was amazing, and he even paid respect to Michael, Trayvon, and many others who lost their lives to police ignorance and brutality. He has a beautiful soul.

#BLACKLIVESMATTER

What do y'all think Aug is gonna do to Camille's pops?

What about Camille? She seems pretty intent on focusing on her money. How do you think she'll react after finding out about her dad? Is she even gonna find out?

Mallorie......lord.

Trinity and Eve in the MM. Lol, I think the pic matches their portrayed characters well.