Chapter 17 - "Soul surfing..."

"But that time you were a kid. How did you know that Menaka was the one who planned all these? It might be an accident too."

Nandini sounds a bit pessimistic. Manik looks at her. His eyes are burning with abhorrence. Suddenly he smashes the glass on the floor with a grunt. Nandini flinches and covers both ears with fright. She tries to step back but Manik grabs her with both of her elbows.

"BECAUSE.. SHE.. CONFESSED.. EVERYTHING... TO ME."

Manik screams with a staccato. His eyes are red in fury and he is foaming at the mouth with rage. He jerks Nandini with frustration.

"I searched her for 10 years, traced her and confronted her to know the truth. Because I knew she was the one and I wanted my Mom to rest in peace in heaven."

He lowers his voice and folds his lips to control the bout of emotion. Still, his eyes become moist.

"Your Mom is in peace, Menaka got her punishment. God gave her the deserved punishment. Now, get out of this darkness...please. You can't change the past but you can better the future. Forget this painful past. Look at me. I don't know what my past is but I know my future with you will be beautiful."

Nandini cups his face and says with a grave tope. Both are looking at each other with great intensity. Their faces are a ft apart.

"Will you help me to forget my past? Will you help me to soothe my wounds? The screams which come in my nightmares. My Mom's helpless eyes when she pushed me from the car. Will you help me to wipe away those memories? I am tired. I want some peaceful nights...without any nightmares. Can you...?"

His words get suppressed as Nandini immediately presses her lips on his rough ones. It seems that she finds it's the best way to assure him. To promise him that she is there...always. On the other hand, Manik was not prepared for this. He never thought that Nandini can be so responsive. He takes some time to sink in the moment and in the next moment, encircles her into his bone-crushing embrace. His hands are roaming on her back like he is trying to be sure that Nandini is a real person of flesh and blood. His lips are engulfing hers entirely like a famished soul who was searching for solace for aeons. Nandini is feeling his intensity and urge through the kiss. She too snakes his back like an earnest climber who canoodles support as its life depends on it. The room is silent. Only some soft and sweet moans can be heard. Manik's tongue is roaming impatiently inside Nandini's mouth like a child gets his most wished possession after a long wait. His arms are pulling her as fiercely as he wants to dissolve her existence into his. They don't realise when they come near the bed and in the next moment Nandini's back of the knees touch the corner of the bed and she loses her balance. Both fall on the mattress still savouring each other's mouth. Now Nandini is lying on the bed having Manik completely on her. Her fingers dig in his thick hair, pulling them softly while Manik is still sucking and lapping her petals. Gradually his mouth shifts to her jawline and side neck. He takes a small amount of skin and plunges his teeth.

"Ahhhh....."

Nandini let out the first moan in response to her first love bite. Slowly Manik crawls down and stills on her upper chest. His hand holds the border of her saree and pulls it down. Her twin bosoms are palpitating in front of his astonished eyes. The gorge of her chest valley is alluring him to take possession. He bends his head and touches the sensitive skin. A tremor runs through her spine. She curls her toes. However, the neckline of the blouse becomes the hindrance between Manik's full attention and manoeuvre. He retrieves and places his hands on the hook of the blouse. He unhooks one when Nandini opens her eyes. Her hands automatically reach Manik's shoulder.

"Manik..."

She softly mouths. Manik meets her eyes. There is hesitance and uncertainty.

"Let's get married..."