Chapter 15 - "The other side of truth..."

"Can we start?"

Manik's cold glare and glacial voice perch their lips and throat. Their legs and hands are immobilized. Their eyes can only witness the approaching fear and their mouths can only scream to the pain. One of the felons licks his dried lips and let out a baffling sound which might be a plead.

"Shhhhh.....Tch...Tch...Tch. I gave you all enough time to come to me and speak up but you thought that it's easy to escape from Manik Malhotra's grip and start a new life. But when it didn't work out, now you have to only listen to me. Time out mice."

Manik mouths at a slow pace. It seems that he is teaching some lessons to his students. He suddenly gets up and lifts the chair. In the next moment, he places one of the legs of the chair on the back of the hand of a goon and again sits on it with a thud. The sharp steel claw of the leg mercilessly presses his skin.

"Ahhhhhh...."

A thunderous scream almost busts Manik's eardrum. He grimaces and budges on the seat as nothing happened. The goon is writhing in pain and trying to wrench his arm free but unfortunately, it only increases his agony.

"SHUT UP....You are spoiling the beat. Listen to the music. It is so soothing and beautiful. Your unmelodious voice is impairing my mood."

Manik says in exasperation and takes out something from his pocket. He scoots forward to eye the other goon who is now trembling in dread. Suddenly Manik caresses his jawline and pulls back his hand. The man gapes in torment and snaps his head back and hits the wall again and again with the back of his head, pounding away at his restraints. Now, his jawline has a deep cut and blood is oozing out making his distorted face uglier. Manik looks at his palm. There is a half razor between his two fingers.

"Good that you controlled your loudmouth. Otherwise, I would have made the same design on your other cheek."

Manik hisses and reclines on the chair.

"You both may know that your gang leader is dead and Rajesh is temporarily absconded. But don't worry, my men will find him out very soon as they found out you. So I have an offer for you both. Tell me about his expected hideouts and I will lessen your pain."

Manik again sits squarely and utters in a petrous tone.

"I...I don't know...we...we only...work together. He ne...never said about...his places."

The man whose hand is now trapped under Manik's chair meeks out. Manik silently hears his words and gets up from the chair. The man gasps in relief but his ease is temporary. Manik stands in front of them, parting his legs in a 'V' shape. His hands are resting on his waist. With an arctic voice, he mouths,

"Okay, then let me help you to remember. I think after this, you will have an elephant memory."

Before they understand his words, Manik willies one's lower abdomen with his heavy boot. The man shrinks in pain but Manik continuously boots him without any leniency. The goon tries to yell out but the excruciating pain gags him and he only can lie on the ground in a fetus position, trying his best to tolerate the torture. Sweat beads appear on Manik's forehead. He halts for a moment, slowly panting. In between the other felon keeps on dragging himself to a corner in a hope that he might be temporarily saved from this inhuman punishment. The sound of swishing cloth reaches Manik's ears. He turns to the other man who is now almost near to the corner. Manik for the last time kicks his immediate prey on his face and the man loses his consciousness with some vomit of blood. Manik gaits to the other man. His both hands are secured inside his pockets. His face is petrous. The goon plasters himself to the corner, ironically hoping to get a secured place. He tries to say something but a gasp bubbles out from his lips instead.