Chapter 34- "Broken cage..."

"Before I could react or resist him, I am catapulted to the bed. What is he going to do? Is he going to ruin the divinity of this relationship? Will he stoop so low? All these anticipations alarm my mind and body. Tears brim my eyes once again. I have started hating myself for loving this monster, this brute. He starts unbuttoning his shirt. His chiselled chest hitches my breath in fear. I crawl back keeping my timid eyes at his daunting ones. Right now, I have zilch empathy for myself. Even I am cursing myself to not believe my Appa. I hurt him so much. That's why I am getting the same pain. The pain of shattered love and trust. When we love someone more than our life and that person crushes our heart like glass, that pain is unbearable. My heaven of dreams is going to shatter like a house of cards and I am solely responsible for that. Manik takes off his shirt in one go and nears the bed with a slow yet determined pace. His muscles are wriggling with desire. Then he utters the most painful words. Today the Brute will devour an Angel....not a fairy tale. He is right. It is not a fairy tale. Life is not a fairy tale. Here Angels lose their purity by loving the Brutes. I close my eyes and gulp the pain."

Manik kneels on the bed and slinks at Nandini. His eyes are flickering with wrath and passion.

"Open your eyes, Angel. See your Brute is here. Love me or hate me, Baby. But you can't leave me."

Manik's hisses through his husky voice make Nandini unfurl her eyes. She meets his intimidating eyes. She knows that she can't save herself from this Devil. Neither she wants. Perhaps this is her punishment. Punishment to love and trust this monster.

"I won't leave you. You want my body...right? Fine! You can have it. I know you are an animal in this human body and animals live on the flesh and blood of a dead creature. And I am also a dead creature now. Because you have already killed my soul. This body is nothing but a soulless dead body. So, come and have it. Whatever way you like. Come, Mr Malhotra. Devour your dead Angel."

Nandini mouths in a razor-sharp voice. Now, her eyes have no fright or pain. They are as vacant as a ripple less water body. For a moment, Manik halts. He didn't expect this reaction from Nandini. According to human psychology, we desire those things the most which are hard to get. Easy or plattered things often discourage us. Nandini's words stir his heart for a moment. Will she really surrender like a defeated person? Where is that fire which once triggered him to get her? Perhaps she is playing with his mind. He can't be trapped so easily. Manik clutches Nandini's forearms and hauls her towards him. Nandini crashes on his chest like a cotton sack. Her hair bun gets untangled and cascades down on her bare shoulder.

"You are right. I am an animal. And you know girls love my savageness in bed. Today I will show you how I can ignite the fire even in a dead body."

Manik's hard words fail to create any repercussion in Nandini's body or mind. Like a submissive doll, she keeps on looking at Manik. Being confused, Manik pushes her on the mattress and comes over to her. He grabs her both hands and pins them on either side of her head. Nandini is still staring at him like an emotionless statue. Manik's burning breath is fanning her face dangerously. She is not even blinking her lashes. Manik purrs and violently slams his rough lips on hers and starts chewing them ruthlessly. On the other hand, there is no acceptance or confrontation from Nandini's side. Manik is kissing her like a crazy soul just in the demand of any resistance. Her lips are bleeding. Her eyes are open. She is lying like a lifeless puppet. The salty taste of her blood breaks his lunacy. He withdraws his mouth and observes Nandini's face. There is no emotion, no pain or fear.

"Nandini respond. You can't ignore me like this. Don't provoke the beast inside me more. You won't be able to bear me, damn it."

Manik hisses against her ears but Nandini doesn't give any answer. She only indifferently turns her face to another side. Manik lifts himself and watches her for a while.