Chapter 33 - Where is the love?

Start from the beginning

Leo was speechless at the sudden revelation so I continued adding on. "Plus, I've shown you my vulnerable sides a couple of times myself. Granted, it was unintentional but regardless, it feels gratifying knowing that you trust me nearly as much as my body trusts you. Now, are you going to answer the initial question? No pressure but it does help."

POV: Leonardo (very short)

I was gobsmacked. I didn't know how to respond. Nero's speech had made me speechless. Why? Because there had not been anyone else who could read me so well, other than myself. Because it was this man who made me realised how comfortable I was around him. Before today, (other than Erwin) I've never lowered my guard down, keeping up my outward appearance. It was just easier to deal with people and situation that way. I had never even wanted to show my unguarded side or express any concerns within my life as I saw it as burdening the other person with unnecessary problems. But here I was, wanting to bare my soul to him and wanting some sort of support. It was... terrifying. It was scary because he could use it against me any time, use it to destroy me. But here I was, wanting to do it anyway because somewhere in my mind, I trusted that he'd never do that. I truly believed that this person could actually help me. There was no hard evidence to back up why. Just pure instinct.

It was scary realising that the emotions I have for Nero were not mere, physical attraction but something more. The attraction went beyond that. It went into an emotional level and that'd only ever happened once before.

POV: Nero

The dark-golden haired man breath hitched in hesitation then released a long exhale. A small smile appears. "Sure. Why not? It seems like my subconscious trusts you enough. Might as well get my conscious mind on the bandwagon."

I beamed at the comment and he continued. "Well... that phone call was from my mother." He shifted his entire COVERED body (he finally wore a shirt) to face me. He put his right arm over the back of the sofa and leaned sideways onto the back cushions. I also shifted to face him, cuddling myself in the blanket and sipping my hot chocolate.

"I see... I'm assuming that's a bad thing?"

"Well, no... just... what is it like with your parents? Your mother?"

"... you really wanna know?"

Leo sent a small nod my way. A melancholic smile grew on my face and I looked down at my lap. "I don't what it was like. I was dropped off at an orphanage at the age of 2 and grew up there till I was of legal age. Never really had parents."

Leo's eyes widened in shock and was clearly about to apologise but I quickly blurted out, "Don't apologise. Really. It wasn't ALL bad. I had friends and kids around me who were like siblings to me. The people who took care of us were the closest things to our parents so it really wasn't all that bad. I don't even mind not being adopted. I know why and it's understandable so I'm not mad at anyone. Plus, the experience has made me a lot more independent." Well, I say that but if that hadn't happened, I probably wouldn't always try to erase the timeline between the ages 14-16 from my mind and growing up in the orphanage would've been the best experience of my time. 

Thankfully, Leo didn't give me a look of pity but his eyes were still sad so I quickly put the conversation back on track. "Anyway, enough about me. We're currently here for you. Your mother called. Is it a bad thing?"

"You know, I wouldn't mind talking about you. You have a lot more mystery to your name than mine."

With a warning tone, I said, "Leo."

A small pout appeared. Cute. "Fine. My mother calling isn't a bad thing... actually let me rephrase. It wasn't a bad thing."

"Okay... what changed that?"