●New Beginnings●

SEYLAH♧

People say kids can be mean. Well hello there I'm Seylah Thomson the queen of mean.

I went on with my morning routine while lizzo's good as hello was playing on full blast.

It was the first day of junior year and my first day at Westwood high.

The history of my life isn't that complicated. My dad's British thus my accent and my mum is from Venezuela. I guess I have her to thank for my curves.

My parents met in high school. My dad was a senior looking for extra credit and my mum was a foreign exchange student who needed a tour guide.

Eventually they became more than that and then my mum got pregnant.  My grandparents were pissed. Just so you know back in England the Thomsons are very well known and they were high class. And my grandparents weren't excited that their son was going to be guest starring on sixteen and pregnant.

So like all rich people trying to maintain their reputation they came up with an idea. My mum would have the baby and then hand over the child that's me by the way, get paid and never bother them again.

My parents being young and in love decided to stay together which only got my dad disowned.

Even after having me they couldn't keep their pants on and then my sister was born.

Growing up with young parents was cute I was always in beauty pageants and I was always at the top. And one day when I was 5 I watched the movie mean girls and that's when i realized I was born to be a queen. Regina George brought out something I always knew i had.

Everything was all peachy at first until my mum  left. She abandoned us when i was eleven just so she could run off with some rich sugar daddy. And I've hated her ever since.

After my mum left my dad couldn't handle it so we left England and we've been moving around ever since. From Los Angeles to Chicago to Detroit and so many other places but now I find myself in the suburbs.

Even though we moved alot one thing was constant I was always the queen bee.

And I wasn't going to let that change.

I applied the final touch of makeup on my face and went downstairs. The table was already set with French toast and orange juice. No doubt it was Rosa. She's been working for us for years.

I moved towards where my dad was sitting and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Good morning daddy". I greeted before i sat down.

"Good morning my little angel. I thought you were going to school". He said and took a sip from his coffee.

"Of course I am. Where else would I be going this early".

"Well you look like you're going to a party dressed like that". Oh now I get it. He was referring to my outfit. Today I wore a thin strap black tank top and a white and black skater skirt and of course my favourite heels.

"Daddy it's the first day of school. And I need to look good. I know the whole school will know the name Seylah Thomson before the end of first period". Just then footsteps came from the top of the stairs. It was my sister Aviva.

She wore a red cropped hoodie and a mini denim skirt and a pair of Vans. She walked over and kissed my dad on his cheek before flashing me her middle finger.

Aviva's a sophomore and I'm a junior. One of the advantages of having a sister who's almost the same age as you is that you get to tell each other all your secrets. Aviva knows everything about me except just one thing. And I would like for it to stay that way.

"My two beautiful girls". My dad started with a smile but it faded fast. "I know that you're used to always moving around but I know it still takes a toll on you and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry girls. I bought this house not just because it's big but also because I want this to be a home for us".

"Listen daddy we understand everything and we never complain about it so you shouldn't worry". I told him with a reassuring smile.

"Come on bitch. We're going to be late for school". I told Aviva as I grabbed my bag.

We went out to the driveway and hopped into my Audi. It was a gift from my grandmother. Did I forget to mention that after my mum left my grandparents were happy and took my dad back. It was more like a 'I told you so' situation.

I drove to a Starbucks and we both ordered. I had no idea what Aviva ordered but I ordered a pumpkin spice latte.

After getting our orders we went straight to school. I scanned the entire parking lot until I found the perfect spot. I pulled into the spot and turned off the engine. Aviva and I both got out and of course I did my thing which was to know all the cliches.

From that spot on the parking lot I looked at the quad and I immediately knew where everyone was placed.

Under the tree were the nerds looking at something on one of their laptops. Not too far were the band geeks with their instruments and their acne filled faces.

I looked around a little more there they were the jocks. And the A-listers. That was the crowd I belonged in.

Just as I was about to leave the side of my car a red convertible with four girls in it pulled up to the spot I parked in and the one driving got out and the rest followed.

Just from the way they moved I knew they were the mean girls. And the one driving was obviously their leader.

"Why is your car parked in my spot". The blonde girl who drove the car asked with her hands folded across her chest. The other three stood behind her. One had red hair. The other had chestnut hair. And the last one had Auburn hair but it was clearly dyed.

"Sorry but I don't see a name written here let alone yours". I replied the blonde.

"Listen here England I know you're new so I'll let you off with a warning. I rule this school and no one dares to cross me". She said then turned around to her car and the rest followed.  The red head was the last to leave. She gave me a look and a smile. She's probably the nice mean girl.

I walked into the school and all eyes were on me. And of course I loved it. And the announcement started and ended with "Seylah Thomson please come to the principal's office".

Like I said the whole school will know my name before the end of first period.

I walked in to the office I smiled at the secretary before I went into the principal's office.

"Have a seat miss Thomson". He said gesturing towards a seat. I sat down and stared him in the eye and waited for him to talk.

"Miss Thomson. You're new and I get if you don't know all the rules yet. But it's not appropriate to be dressed this way in school and as you know it can be distracting to our Male students". Wow I have a new record getting dress coded on my first day.

I picked up his name tag and read his name. "Listen principal saltzman I know the rules. The rules state that girls shouldn't wear strapless dresses to school and as you can see". I moved my long jet black hair to the side. "It has a strap. Tiny but it's there. And also I shouldn't be worried about distracting boys. You guys are meant to teach your boys how to control their urges. It shouldn't be a problem. So if we're done here I would like to get to class".

Principal saltzman was speechless he just gestured towards the door and I left.

I got my schedule from the secretary and made my way to English class.

A/n: hey guys,
So this is my new book and I hope you'll like.

Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment.