●Fairy lights●

♧SEYLAH♧

The car ride back was filled with my dad bombarding me with questions.
"What happened?"
"Why did you call out of the blue?"
"Weren't you having any fun?"
"Did someone do something to you?"

I didn't answer any of his questions. I didn't know what to say. What would i have said. Sending him to jail won't change anything. I'll still feel his skin against mine when I close my eyes. I'll still find his perfume somewhere in the air. Every guy will somehow look like him.

At least that's how it was the first time.

When we finally got home I went straight into my room, locked the door and got in bed.

After a couple hours I woke up to use the bathroom. I looked at my phone and the time was 7:12am.

I went into the bathroom and relieved myself. As I washed my hands in the sink something in the dustbin caught my eye.

I bent over to take a closer look and it was a pregnancy test. I grabbed a piece of tissue and used it to pick it up. I looked closely and saw it was positive.

The thing was that bathroom was shared by Aviva and I. My dad had his own bathroom while Rosa used the one downstairs.

I immediately put two and two together and went straight to Aviva's room. The last thing on my mind was knocking.

"Wtf Seylah don't you know how to knock". A shocked looking Aviva got up from her bed.

I threw the test at her and that expression of shock soon turned into fear. It didn't take long for the colour to wash away from her face.

"You're fucking pregnant Aviva?. And you didn't even hide the test you just left it there for anyone to find. Or let me guess you thought that everyone would think it was me who got knocked up". I said, rage evident in my voice.

"Yes im pregnant, how does that have anything to do with you. Just mind your own business". She said

"I have no idea what has gotten into you Aviva. I don't know who's been telling you that this persona of yours is cool but it's really not. You're pregnant for Christ's sake and you're still pushing me away. You're honestly trying too hard to be the bad girl. This isn't you" .

"You're right it's not me. Sounds more like you right?".

"If you're too much of an idiot to think about yourself then think about your child. Everyone always focuses on the mother and no one talks about how its like actually being the product of teen pregnancy. It's not as pretty as you think Aviva". I said to her. Being the product of teen pregnancy myself I know what I'm talking about.

"I don't need to listen to all these crap. I'll tell dad when I'm ready and besides the father knows". She said confidently.

"Who's the dad?". She ignored. "Who's the fucking father Aviva?!" I yelled.

"Not your business". She responded.

I honestly didn't know what to make of the situation. On one hand my baby sister was pregnant and on the other hand she was treating me like shit.

I decided to just not care. I was already going through enough of my own shit to be focused on someone else.

*****
I stood in front of my closet trying to figure out what I was going to wear tonight. Although I hated Satan I promised his dad that I'd come. And if you're wondering, of course I thought about ditching but I'm just getting this strong feeling that I need to be there.

I decided to wear a light pink silk dress that ended a few inches below my knee.

I took one of my dad's flasks and filled it with some whiskey he had in his home office. Something tells me I'm going to need it.

I called an uber since I was drinking, last thing I want was to get pulled over for a DUI.

I got to Damien's house and every part of me wanted to just turn back and go to bed. But alas I just had to get through the night.

I rang the door bell and was greeted by Mr. Mckay. He had the widest smile on his face. He looked genuinely happy to see me and I couldn't help but smile back at him.

He ushered me into the living room and  I sat down. "Damien's just upstairs and Michelle's just finishing up with the food".

That name.

I have a bad feeling. But then again it could just be my imagination.

"Dad is she here?". Damien said running down the stairs like a little kid.

"See for yourself". Mr Mckay responded

I got up and before I knew it, Damien's arms were around me. He hugged me so tight it felt like I couldn't breathe. He finally loosened his hold on me, "Seylah I'm so glad you're okay. I'm so sorry about..". He paused then pulled me into a corner so his dad couldn't hear us.

"I'm so sorry about what happened last night. I know I messed up, I shouldn't have said those things to you. I was drunk and out of my mind. Seylah please find a way to forgive me". Everything he was saying sounded off. It was like he was a totally different person.

"What's this all about Satan?". I started. "If you think kissing up to me is going to magically make things better then you're wrong. I meant everything I said. You don't mean shit to me anymore". I went back to where I was sitting, waiting for Mr. Mckay to come back.

I scanned the area and his absence gave me the greenlight to take a long, hard 'sip' from my dad's flask.

Mr. Mckay came back just as I was done hiding the flask in my bag.

"C'mon Seylah dear, I'll introduce you to my financè. Come along too Damien". He said ushering us into his magnificent garden. There was a table set up and fairy lights all around. It was so beautiful. There was also a lady who was making some finishing touches to the decorations. I assumed she was his financè.

"Michelle darling, I'd like you to meet a friend of Damien's. She's so lovely I'm sure you guys would hit it off". He said taking me closer to his soon to be bride.

The moment she turned around it felt like I was staring into a mirror. I felt my whole world crash all over again.

Why

Why did it have to be her.

Why did it have to be my mother.

****
A/n

Hey guys,... I know its been ages and I sincerely apologise.
I've been going through some big changes in my life recently and I just couldn't find the time to update.
Thank you guys for not giving up on this book. I love you guys a whole lot more than you know.
And also
Happy new year❤️✨️