●Misunderstood●

■DAMIEN■

I woke up feeling like someone was hitting my head with a hammer repeatedly. I wonder why I drink when I always end up going overboard.

I was about to get up when I saw Seylah passed out on my chest. I gently lifted her off and made sure she was comfortable.

I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, I noticed she didn't have any makeup on but yet her skin was flawless. I admired her features from her cute little button nose to her full lips.

She was so beautiful.

At times I wonder why I try so hard to hate her.

Is it because she took away my last chance at finding my dad?.

Or maybe it's because she's a bitch and generally just not a good person.

Or is it the fact that she's known me for a couple of weeks but knows me better than the friends I grew up with.

I just wish she didn't try so hard to make people fear her. I wish she just had a good heart.

Like Vicky.

..............

According to Seylah's schedule we were all meant to be at the beach today, but for some reason the girls decided to go shopping leaving us guys alone.

We ended up at the beach anyway. I sat on a towel next to Scott who passed me a beer.

Out of all the guys on the trip Scott was the only one I could stand. We've been friends since preschool. Although he's a year older than me.

Our friendship was actually because of our mums. It turns out that they were both from the same town and reunited here in Westwood.

They would often set up play dates and vacations. It even got to the point that Scott and I would wear matching outfits .

When my mum died Scott and his family were there for me but it made me feel like all they could offer was they're pity. And I hate pity.

Soon I started avoiding Scott. Up until I joined the football team in my sophomore year.

Ace and Alex on the other hand are just two annoying seniors who think they're interesting because they play football. Im sure they'll probably be the butt of every joke when they get to college.

"Yooo". Speak of the devils. Ace and Alex jogged over to where Scott and I were sitting. They were all sweaty from playing volleyball with a bunch of girls for the past half hour.

"Did you see how hot those girls were". Ace started.

"And they're freaky too. One was this close to..". Alex was cut short by Scott throwing a towel at his face.

"You're just pained that you're tied down now". Ace said as he and Alex sat down.

"Its called being in a relationship". Scott said.

"Dont get me wrong dude Ashley is smoking hot but I doubt she could make me settle down. But Seylah on the other hand". Alex said then winked at me. I wish I could stab him in the eye but I'm not about to get an assault case going.

"Yeah dude how does it feel to have all that". Ace chimed in.

"How many times do I have to tell you. Seylah and I are not together. We can barely stand each other". I said rather defensively.

"I doubt that. Listen man I know when a girl has feelings and I know damn well that Seylah is showing all the signs". Scott said.

"That's not true". I replied.

"Oh shit, dont tell me you can't see it because you like cheeto girl". Alex commented.

"Dont call her that". I said.

"I got to be honest dude. When I see seylah, I see hot sexy lingerie and mad sex. But when I see vicky I see mismatched underwear and a girl who probably hasn't even had her first kiss yet". Ace stated.

"Can't see you, I like Victoria's simplicity and her innocence". I said

"You're weird as fuck bro. She's not even half as hot as Seylah". The way Ace was talking about Seylah one would think he's getting paid to sing her Praises.

"Its not about how hot she is. Its about the fact that she gets me. She's easy going and overall a good person. Seylah's just a selfish bitch who thinks she's entitled to everything". I blurted out.

"Then you don't know shit about seylah. The girl organised this whole trip just so Ashley and I could get sometime together. I only had the confidence to ask Ashley out after Seylah literally coached me for 2 weeks. If Seylah's anything she's misunderstood". Scott said in Seylah's defense.

I was left speechless.

I never thought Seylah could do anything that didn't benefit her in the end.

She was basically living a double life, trying so hard to be the villain in my story but at the same time she's the hero in someone else's story.

From the looks of it she's knows me way more than  I know her and it scares me that I just might have the wrong idea of her.

■■
Hey guys I know I've been inactive for a while and consistency doesn't seem to be in my vocabulary but I promise that I'm trying my absolute best.

I'm not going to make false promises and say I might update soon. If you ask me I have no idea when the next update will be.

Right now I have alot on my plate but I promise that whenever I can i'll make an update.

Thanks for making it this far

Love you all❤