●Breaking Sacred Rules●

Dedicated to zohamv. Your comments always give me joy.

SEYLAH♧

"I think your dad has a girlfriend ". Ashley said from across the room.

"More like fiancée". Candice said as she downed some more icecream.

We were all at Brooke's house for a sleepover.

"Either way he's scared of Seylah finding out. Does he think you'll harm her or something ". Brooke said as she looked at me.

"I think he's worried about how I'll take the news. He knows how close I was with my mum. Even if she left to become a whore. Michelle and Seylah will always be mother and daughter ". I said in a low tone. Talking about my mum always got me that way.

"I have an aunt whose name is Michelle. She lives in Alabama with 13 cats and I dont think she's seen sunlight since 2011". Ashley said which got her strange looks from the rest of us.

"Yeah yeah. I know that fact is irrelevant ". Ashley said after feeling the stares.

"I still dont understand how you could be a straight A student and still be dumb as hell". Candice said. And Ashley threw a pillow at her but Candice was quick to catch it, then she blew a raspberry at Ashley.

"Hey Seylah what's up with you and Satan. Some days ya'll are inseparable and others you guys are like strangers". Brooke said. If only I had an answer.

"Yeah Brooke's right. He was all over you last week and this week I haven't even seen you guys talk". Ashley added.

They were both right. He suddenly stopped talking to me. And whenever I was in his house we would work silently on our project and leave.

"Guys I'm as confused as you are. One minute he's about to kiss me then the next he acts like I dont exist. One day he's trying to know more about me then ignores me the next". I said as i ate some chips.

"Well i think for your sanity and ours and also the whole school who keeps wondering if you guys are a thing. I think you should just straight up ask him". Candice said.

"Just be like hey Damien are we a thing ".Ashley added.

"No that's way too forward. Just be  bold direct and sweet. Say something like what am I to you". Brooke said.

"No way that's what everyone says. Spice it up a bit". Ashley said

"Why should there be spice in something as serious as that". Candice replied.

They kept on arguing about what i should say but i remained quiet and a smile crept on on my face.

I've had alot of squads. But these girls we more than just tools to popularity. They were my friends.

That used to be a taboo for me.

Everyone at my previous schools would agree. Seylah Thomson has no friends.

Here I am breaking one of my sacred rules and about to break another.

****