diecisiete

Unlike most girls, I don't like taking baths. I don't like the idea of getting prune and sitting in your own filth but it's supposedly ok because you have 'bath oils' and 'bath bombs', just because you have those things doesn't mean it's not gross.

Instead I like to take a quick ten minute shower as it doesn't take long to wash my hair as it's short and quite thin. I would run you through my shower routine, but who wants to hear about how I wash my hair and shave my legs and armpits? Probably not you guys.

After my shower I tied my hair up in my towel so my hair doesn't let water drip down my now dry back as I changed into my clothes. I put on a plain grey tee, acid printed shorts with the american flag, knee high Vans socks and some black high tops. I didn't want to seem I was trying too hard for Luke and I also had to put into consideration that I'm meeting up with Michael straight after lunch and we'll be walking around London where I can show him the ropes.

Checking the time I saw that it was eleven o'clock, I would be about five minutes late to meet Luke which is perfect because you don't wanna make them think that you're too eager. I need to make him think that I'm not bothered.

On my walk to Abbey Road, I kept on thinking that it felt like I was cheating on Michael, but I wasn't.. Michael was my bestfriend that I had feelings for but he would never reciprocate them feelings, so why wallow in despare when a great guy like Luke was seemingly interested in me? I tried to shake off the guilty feeling that was consuming me as I spotted Luke leaning against a lamp post texting on his phone.

I slowly made my way towards him putting a smile on my face to mask the worry I was feeling about how Michael would feel about me going on a date with another guy. But seriously, why was I panicking? Michael was my bestfriend and I had to get that through my head.

"Hey, Luke." I grinned standing infront of him looking at what he's wearing. Luke was wearing a plain black tee covered by  leather jack, a chain was placed around his neck and a pair of sunglasses were hanigng off the neckline of his tee. I noticed that he was wearing black skinny jeans - same as last time - they must have been the only bottoms he wore and checking his style of clothing he had from last time he seems like he dresses just like Michael.

"Oh," Luke said a hint of surprise in his voice, "Ri, I was just about to leave, I didn't think you were coming.." he trailed off looking slightly embarrassed. I just laughed and shook my head apologising for my lateness and blaming it on my alarm clock. "Shall we go get some food then?" he offered me his arm for me to link mine with and I accepted graciously.

"Yeah, I'd like that, I'm starving." I said smiling and Luke headed towards a local restaurant/pub. This was the pub my dad always likes to go to which had my smiling in fondness over all the memories my dad had shared with me.He was always tell me how Gary (the barman) would fall over and trip because my dad would make him nervous as my dad was very much a man's man.

When we both entered the pub the smell of stale beer was the first thing I noticed and I smiled even harder glad that Luke didn't take me to a fancy restaurant and just took me to a local pub. The walls were a dark green with golden skirting boards, they weren't the nicest colours put together but it's what made this pub even better. Some of the stools at the bar had rips in the cushions, which were taped back together with duck tape and to my right were the tables where they served food.

"I hoped this is ok." Luke said and I turned to look at his face noticing a worried look on his face. I smiled at him nodding my head.

"I love it." we both walked to one of the tables and sat down. Picking up one of the menus in the middle of the table I read the lunch section deciding that a tuna melt sandwich was the way to go.