veinticuatro

Michael's way of getting to the studio was much different to Luke's way to getting there. We went through every fast food drive through there is before landing at our destination, so in the back of his hired car we had, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and Pizza Hut. He said that when he was being boring concentrating on a song I could eat away my boredom, I tried telling him that, that wasn't healthy but he just ignored me as said he would eat some aswell.

"You're not going to be surprising me with any of my favourite band members today are you?" I asked cautiously, not wanting a freak out moment like I had with Luke and the Madden brothers.

"It's no one that you haven't met before." he reassured which put me slightly at ease.

Once we all got the food out of the car I started to wonder, I have met no one in this business. So is it just me and Michael or are there other people, and if I've met them, who? Then it clicked.

Squealing slightly I followed Michael into the building and down the opposite hallway to which me and Luke walked down the previous time I was here."Michael you being serious?"

"Ri, just carry the burgers." Michael said opening the door to the room we'll be spending the rest of our day.

When I walked in and saw Alex Gaskarth and Rian Dawson pushing eachother on a setee I was screaming (on the inside of course) I wondered whether they remembered me. Then I realised how many people they meet on a daily basis and they probably didn't remember me.

"How about I settle this argument?" Michael says to make himself known to the men. "Ri gets the extra pot of fries."

"But we're growing men!" Rian complained pouting his lips and sitting back onto the setee sulking.

"Yeah, growing outwards." Alex snickered whilst grabbing a food bag from Michael's arms.

"Children!" Michael scolded. This authoritative side of Michael was deeming profusely attractive to me at that moment, the way his forhead formed that one line above his left eyebrow and how his nostrils flared slightly.  When both of them turned silent, Michael spoke again "Say hello to our guest gentlemen."

Alex looked up and smiled at me, "Hey, we've met before right?" he asked shoving about five chips into his mouth. "Didn't you wait to meet us after a concert a few months ago?"

"Yeah, sorry about the crying by the way." I cringed sitting down next to Michael and pulling out a burger from one of the fast food bags.

"Eh, it's not like it hasn't happened before." Rian shrugged, "We are pretty cry worthy." he winked lowly laughing to himself.

"Don't flatter yourself." I spoke with a mouthful of food. One hundred percent lady like I know.

"It's ok guys, she drools over me, it's gross I know." Michael winked at the pair as I glared at him and gave him a slight shove into Rian causing Michael to chuckle at my annoyance.

"Oh wait! Is this Ri, Ri?" Rian shouted looking as if a connection was just made in his head. Hearing this however had me thinking, what had Michael told them about me?

"Why?" I blurted instantly regretting it when all eyes were on me. I felt an awkward tension in the air and all the boys eyeing eachother before Alex eased it.

"So, let's get writing shall we?"

I watched as the boys all wrote their lyrics and I wasn't allowed to hear the tune until it was completely finished. I could tell from the amount of writing on Michael's part that most of this song was Michael and Alex and Rian only snipped in to help for rhyming.

"Can I hear it yet?!" I moaned leaning over Michael's shoulder, "You've been ignoring me hon."

"One more line and I'll get them to play it for you ok?" Michael looked over at me grinning and I knew that this song was especially for me, he always told me that when we met he would write a song for me and would dedicate it to me.

"Is this song for your band or All Time Low?" I carried on questioning his, once again trying to lean over his shoulder.

"This is for All Time Low," Michael chuckled and looked over to me again, "Stop peaking, oh my god you're so impatient, Ariel."

"Don't call me Ariel." I scowled.

"How come Charlie gets to call me Ariel." Michael asked pouting slightly at my clear favouritism for, Charlie.

"Because, Charlie is Charlie. I don't know she just always gets her way." I said falling back and letting him carry on working.

Ten minutes later and Michael was shouting "Finished!" at the top of his lungs with a huge grin on his face, obviously proud of what he had written.

"Can I hear it now?" I asked looking at them all in turn with a hopeful look.

"Oh I don't know." Alex said smirking at the other boys, "Maybe you don't deserve to hear it after your impatience."

"Shit don't tease her, can you not remember what Michael said about that?" Rian warned Alex and I knew that Michael had told him about my intolerance for teasing and jokes like that.

"Yes you can hear it." Michael grinned handing the papers over to Alex so he can play it and sing it.

"Are you sure you wanna hear it? It looks to be pretty shit." Alex winked until I gave him my blank face and he started strumming on his guitar. Alex fucking Gaskarth was about to sing a never heard before song to me, it was a dream come true.

"I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon
It doesn't matter when we get back
To doing what we do
'Cause right now could last forever
Just as long as I'm with you

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We would go out on the weekend
To escape our busy lives
And we'd laugh at all the douche-bag guys
Chasing down their desperate wives
I would drink a little too much
You'd offer me a ride
And I would offer you a t-shirt
And you would stay another night

But you're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we'll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
And a little lime

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose

You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you"

"You did not just write that Michael." I said with my jaw dropped open. "That's so fucking good!"

"Thanks hon." He said grinning proudly about his work.

"Sometimes I wonder, like you don't say correct english words sometimes but yet you can write something as beautiful as that?" I asked raising one eyebrow at him, "Michael, you've been holding back on me."

"There could be some great music behind that, Michael." Rian nodded his head in approval of the song.

"I have to go to the loo, I need a tissue to cry from the beauty of that song." I stood up and turned to go to the loo, I was just amazed.

Of course I had confusion, why would Michael write a song for me and dedicate it to me if he's my bestfriend and he has no feelings for me. I knew I shouldn't have thought about it that much because if I did my hopes would just rise and I couldn't have that. I couldn't have false hope, so I sat on the toilet got out my phone and started to text Luke.

-

Michael's P.O.V

"Dude, is that about her?" Alex asked grinning slightly.

"Yeah, but she's too much of a spaz to realise it." I sighed putting my head in my hands fully well knowing that she didn't love me like I do her, she liked Luke and there was no way of me getting around that.

***

Don't be a silent reader!

Vote, Comment, Share!

eliza