veintidós

When we got to the train station I didn't expect to see Michael, Ashton and Calum waiting for us. I honestly didn't have a clue why they were there or how they knew we were going to be there because as soon as they saw us they yelled my name and made their way in mine and Luke's direction.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked looking confused at the group of boy and they just grinned at me.

"We're coming to help!" Ashton said smiling, but I couldn't think anything positive that could have come out of their very kind suggestion.

"No, you're not." I said. "Charlie would kill me if I brought people. She thinks that it's showing her off like a freakshow, why would I let you come?" I walked past them briskly trying to find the next train to Leeds train station and thank god for me that the next one departed in ten minutes.

"But, we haven't met any of your friends!" Calum moaned as he followed me like a lost puppy, the other guys trailing behind him.

"You can meet her another time, not when she's in a crisis." I told them as I payed for my ticket and made my way to platform 12 which is where my train is going to be at. I knew that the state that Charlie was in was a very critical state and she will be very vulnerable and rude, I don't want the boys to meet her like that. They can meet her when she's more stable and from my past experiences of helping her, less drunk.

"Too late, I've bought my ticket I'm coming!" Ashton said as he walked beside me and I groaned in frustration. I don't see what these guys don't get about not being able to come, it's not that I don't want them to come - well actually I don't - but this isn't a fun trip, this is for me to be there for my bestfriend and it's all incredibly personal stuff.

"For gods sake fine!" I gave up, sticking my hands on my hips I looked at them all as if they were usually badly behaved children and I was giving them their last warning. "But you do not talk to her unless she speaks to you, the less you talk the less pissed off she'll be with me."

"YAY! ROADTRIP!" Calum shouted and raced for the end of the platform for the end carriage of the train. Closing my eyes and immediately regretting the decision I made to allow them to tag along I slowly followed them into the end carriage.

--

Finding that Charlie was at her house, I knew exactly where she was. She went to that horrible nightclub again. I was fed up of her giving up on herself and drinking away everything, if she carries on the way she is she's going to end up with alcohol poisoning.

"Well where is she?" Michael asked me looking worried and he wrapped his arm around me as he probably thought that I was worried that she wasn't at home.

"She's at that god damn nightclub?" Luke asked from behind me and I laughed nodding my head.

"Yeah it's only down the road, but someone's going to have to call a cab because we won't be able to drag her on foot back to her house." I told them picking up my speed as we drew closer to the bar.

"It seems like you've done this a lot." Ashton observed and I could tell he was asking the question of how many times I've done this.

"Yeah, I have." I sighed feeling slightly sorry for Charlie and that she has to go through this, nobody should have to go through what she does. "She has a lot of panic attacks." I told them not wanting to just open up saying that she's a Clairvoyant, although I think that Luke knows as we were talking about her earlier today.

When we finally made it to the club I saw Charlie sat on the path smoking a cigerette and her shoes no where in sight. I slumped my shoulders feeling an overwhelming feeling of sadness run through me at seeing my bestfriend in this state in the middle of the street.