veintisiete

I woke up to warmth and the sun the next day, at first I thought that England was having a sudden heatwave but then realised once I was out of my tired state that I was in Australia. Sitting up quickly I reached for my phone that was sat ontop of the dresser next to the bed I was on I read that it was 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I groaned at how long I slept in, pulling my legs from underneath the blanket and onto the carpeted floor.

Stretching my arms above my head I stood up and went to go downstairs to see where everyone is. Daryl was sat on the setee in the living room watching Formula 1 racing so I quickly said a good afternoon to him before moving to the kitchen to see Karen sat at the breakfast table drinking a cup of coffee and reading a magazine.

"Good afternoon." I said as I sat across from her smiling.

"Godd afternoon Ri, did you have a good sleep?" she asked smiling and placing her cup on the table. I looked to see what magazine she was reading to find out it was cosmopolitan and I giggled slightly on the inside, she reminded me of my mum so much.

"I did, that bed is so comfortable," I sighed leaning back in the chair. It was the truth, that bed was more comfortable than mine and that was just their guest bedroom bed, like seriously?

"I'm glad to hear that dear," she smiled then stood to put her now empty cup in the sink. "I'm going out to the shop and I was wondering if you wanted to come and pick out some snacks that you like?"

"yeah sure just let me go and get changed." I nodded liking her idea of me coming with her and I was totally up to it after sleeping for so long, I was completely awake.

"Sure, you go change and we'll get going." Karen smiled watching me as I went back upstairs to get changed.

Digging through my suitcase I pulled out my half black and half black and white striped jeans, green flannel and Michael's greenday tee that he let me borrow. I put on some knickers and a bandeau instead of a bra as like most of Michael's band tees he's cut off the sleeves. Finally after putting on the other articles of clothing I put on some foundation and some quick mascara and eyeliner, afterwards I grab my shoes and race downstairs to meet with Karen already with her keys ready to go.

"Shall we get going then?" she asked and I nodded my head in response I was so excited to see and Australian store, I know it mustn't have been that much different to an English store.

"I'm actually excited." I admitted.

"You're excited to go to the store?" she laughed looking at me quickly before turning her attention back to the road.

"Well it's not just any store is it? It's an Australian store." I said laughing at myself, I sounded really sad but I didn't care Karen must've known that if I was friends with Michael I was going to be really weird.

 "I'm sure it's just like your stores in England." Karen laughed as she parked the car in a spare spot and turned off the engine. 

"Well I don't know until we enter, once that happens I can confirm if they're the same." I joked as we walked towards the store. I was actually so excited, it was an irrational excitement but I didn't care if I ever went to America i would probably act the exact same.

"Ok just don't knock anyone over." she laughed watching me as I ran off into the store and was amazed that it was just as boring and normal as the English stores. The only thing different was the layout of the isles.

Spotting the sweets isle I raced over there to check out the different arrangements of sweets and got the sweets that I had never seen back in England, such as Caremelo Roala and picnic. However I also got things that you can also get in England just incase I didn't like the Australian sweets like oreos and skittles. After collecting a fair amount of sweets I went in search for Karen to put them into a trolley.