veintinueve

The boys had an interview at a local radio station, this was the first time I had ever seen them do anything celebrity like, it was kind of weird to think that people were interested in their lives and what they were doing. To me they were just normal guys, well, except from Michael, he wasn't exactly a normal character.

A couple of days before the interview Michael told me that he wanted to change his hair colour for the occasion, I didn't think that he was being serious. However I was proven wrong when I went upstairs later that same day to find him drying off his green hair. I told him that he looked like the grinch, but then he reminded me of the time I told him that when I was little I said I wanted to marry the grinch, so he just took it as a strange compliment.

Michael and Luke invited me to join the guys on their radio show. I was to just sit and listen as they joked around with the DJ and basically just talked about their lives, to be honest it sounds quite boring, I couldn't imagine it being fun at all.

"Ok then guys, if you'd like to join Craig in the sound room, we'll get you all set up." A worker for the station said, looking all professional with their head-piece and clipboard. When their eyes landed on me a look of surprise crossed his face before turning to the boys, "Is she part of the interview too? I don't remember reading anything about there being a girl?" he asked, looking back at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"No, she's with us, she's not going to be interviewed, I just couldn't leave her at my house with my mum." Michael laughed, as he pulled me into his side squeezing me slightly, probably to reassure me - knowing that I would feel out of place with the man's questions.

"Ok, well I'm going to set her up as well, just in case." He said nodding, I could understand why he was doing that, he didn't want to risk any telling off from his boss.

I walked in with Luke and Michael by my sides, Calum and Ashton were already sat by a microphone when we got into the rather small room. Michael sat down first next to Calum, then me next to Michael and Luke sat next to me. Of course, as soon as Luke had sat down, his left hand reached out to grab one of mine and placed it in his lap, just so he could play with my fingers. He loved playing with my fingers, he said it was because they were so small and chubby, but then that would get me upset so would kiss me and try to talk about Game Of Thrones, only because he was jealous that me and Michael talked about it all the time so he'd try to get into watching it.

When the DJ came in he smiled at each of us in turn, however we did have to explain who I was when he walked in - which again was highly awkward for me. Michael, knowing exactly what I was thinking, told the DJ that he didn't really need to speak to me, just to avoid me as much as he could. Which would be easy seen as this was a 5 Seconds Of Summer interview, not an Ariel Edwards interview.

"Hey, you're listening to Mayhem Radio and we have 5 Seconds Of Summer with us, say hey boys." The DJ said, once the song playing had finished, all four of my new - and old - friends greeted the DJ, of which I still didn't know the name of.

When all four of the boys greeted him cheerily, and me learning that the DJ's name was Parker. Parker didn't waste any time as he dived straight into the questions, I was surprised that he had as many questions as what he did.

"So who would you say is your favourite person, Michael?" Parker asked after asking both Calum and Ashton.

"Um.. Ri, definitely, she means the world to me, I'd do anything for her." Michael smiled, as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, causing me to laugh.

"Hey! You stole mine!" Luke complained, gripping hold of my hand tighter, making me realize that he's still there.

Laughing, Parker spoke again, "Someone told me that you're in love with your best friend, is t"at true?"

I felt my cheeks heat up from the DJ's quite forward question, but I couldn't help but listen to Michael's question, he wouldn't lie to the radio or his fans so I knew that his answer would be truthful and I knew that dating Luke was the right thing to do.

"No, I don't love my best friend, that would be really weird." Michael laughed grinning at Parker. "She's dating Luke, if I loved her that would be so awkward." I can't lie, what Michael said hurt, it hurt more than what I was expecting. I felt like he took a dagger and literally jammed it into my chest, but he was right, it was weird to have feelings for each other. I was his best friend, he was my best friend, I was dating one of his friends. I didn't understand why I felt so betrayed, I didn't understand why I felt so disappointed in his answer, but I wouldn't let anyone see this. I couldn't let anybody see this.

"Ah, yes we heard that Luke is dating Ri," Parker nodded, checking his paper, however I just think he was checking his papers to look more professional, I bet he was just making this questions off the top of his head and he was just coming up with generic questions. "So, Luke, what's something that your girlfriend does that you love?"

Luke didn't even seem to hesitate as he moved closer to the microphone to answer.

"I know what you're going to say!" Calum shouted seeming excited and giggly, I loved Calum, he was always so cheery and ditsy, there was nothing that you couldn't like about Calum.

"Her sneezes." Luke said grinning at Calum and the way he reacted, then turned to look at me before saying: "They're adorable."

"I already knew that." Calum said, moving back into his seat smugly. I could tell that he was proud of his knowledge, it was cute, he reminded me of Luna a lot.

"Why is that your favourite thing Luke?" Parker asked, chuckling slightly at Calum.

"It's a bit weird, and she probably doesn't know that I've realized it." Luke said, looking at me quickly before grinning and continuing. "She does this cute thing where she scrunches her nose and it looks like she's roaring." Luke laughed, causing his dimples to make an appearance and I just buried my head in my hands from pure embarrassment. "I always laugh at her for it, but it's the cutest thing ever."

"Is that why you said 'roar' earlier when I sneezed?" I asked, looking up from my hands and putting quotation marks around 'roar'.

"Oh, so she speaks?" Parker asked, raising his eyebrow at me and I immediately felt uncomfortable. I forgot for a small moment that this was an interview and it was live on air.

"Sorry." I mumbled, slowly retracting from my straight position slouching back into the seat I was in.

"Babe, don't apologize." Luke said to me softly, and I squirmed slightly at the word babe. "You can talk." He laughed quietly, probably trying to make me feel better.

"Ri, just breathe, calm down, you do what's comfortable, just ignore Parker he's being an idiot." Michael whispered in my ear, causing me to laugh loudly. I didn't understand how he did it, or what it was but Michael calmed me down so easily and with ease, it was like he wasn't even trying.

After the awkward moment after my laugh the interview carried on, with my hand in Luke's and Michael whispering funny things in my ear and jokingly kissing my cheek when I refused to respond to him.

The kissing on the cheek did make my cheeks to go bright red, I looked like a tomato, no joking around. However, I couldn't help the closeness that me and Michael were having recently. After us making tea the other day, we've become really close and we had been hugging so much more than usual, I was really enjoying the contact. I know though that I couldn't let it get anymore than that, I was with Luke and Michael was my best friend, I couldn't let it go any further than hugging and kisses on the cheek. I just couldn't.

***

Don't be a silent reader!

Vote, Comment, Share!

eliza