trienta y uno

I never understood Luna, she was very much that ditsy friend that you couldn't help but love. Luna was my version of Michael's Calum, she was loving, funny and she didn't care about other people's opinions aslong as she was happy.

However, Luna always had a problem, she constantly felt like she was connected to someone. It was like she grew up with someone she had never met before, someone that it was almost like she knew them. We didn't know who that someone was, until a week before my time in Australia was up. I got the most horrifying call informing me that one of my close friends was hospitalised and I didn't know what to do, I couldn't breathe.

What I do know however, was even though Michael was probably hit harder than me about this news, he was still staying strong to help me get through this as we drove to the hospital.

Thoughts were zooming through my head, I couldn't think as to how this could have happened, they didn't deserve this. No one deserved this.

The whole car ride was silent, neither me nor Michael tried to make conversation, and neither one of us turned on the radio. Both too anxious to get to the hospital to see if our friend was ok. As Michael was pulling into the car park my phone started vibrating in my back pocket, pulling it out I saw Charlie's face pop up on my screen and I had an internal debate with myself as to whether or not I should answer.

"Answer it Ri, it could be important." Michael said, throwing his arm around my shoulder and squeezing me to his side tightly. Ignoring the warm feeling I got from his touch, I nodded, pressing the green button and holding the phone up to my ear.

"We have shit Ariel! We have complete shit!" I heard Charlie panicking over the line, possible hyperventilating on her part. I tried to calm her down and soothe her because she was talking too fast and I didn't have a clue what she was talking about.

"Ok, now tell me again." I said calmly, waiting for her to tell me why she was panicking in English.

"I don't even know what happened!" Charlie cried, "She won't wake up, Ariel she's fucked!"

"Who, Charlie, who?!" I asked getting impatient with her, she seriously needed to get better at telling me critical information.

"Luna!" I heard a sniffle down the line, "She's been in a car accident, and she's not waking up. She keeps mumbling a dudes name and it's pissing me off, like are we not good enough for her?"

"I don't think this is the time to be questioning her unconscious train of thought." I told Charlie, slightly scolding her. I didn't know that Luna was seeing anybody, she would have told us if she was seeing someone, right? I mean we tell her everything.

"What am I supposed to do? You're the one that sorts out these problems!" Charlie whined, obviously she wasn't one for being there for her friends. Don't get me wrong, Charlie was an amazing friend, she just didn't know how to show affection or deal with big situations, that was usually my job.

"Hold on tight and I'll come back to England early." I said, making the executive decision that my friends needed me more than the guys did.

"Ok, I'll go tell Lorelai our plan." Charlie said, I could sense her smiling through the phone, I could tell a little bit of weight had fallen off of her shoulders.

"Yeah, you go tell Lorelai my plan, and as soon as I get to Michael's I'll start packing." I said, quickly clicking on end the call and put my phone back into my back pocket. "Michael, I need to go home tomorrow."

I looked up to see a mixture of emotions on Michael's face, hurt and confusion were just two of them. I didn't really want to explain the situation in detail, well, because I didn't have much detail to tell. Like I said, Charlie wasn't a very good messenger.