Chapter 24 - Surprise

Three weeks after. Yep, three weeks, and Sarada was already bummed! It was taking forever for her to see Uncle Itachi, she really wanted to see him because she was still worried about him dying.

At the same time, she was having second thoughts about her dad. The last time she saw him was at the restaurant with her grandparents, and he didn't even take a good look at her. But her mom said that her dad's not mad at her, he was just distancing himself. Sarada was thinking what will she say when she finally sees him. Does she say hi? Does she hug him right away? For the first time, the toddler was feeling awkward.

Sakura on the other hand was meeting Sasori from time to time and feeding Naruto and the ANBUs details about him. Sakura never agreed to have dinner with him, she just let Sasori visit her at work. There were times that Sasori would insist on taking her home, but she always refused. She never wanted Sasori to be near her house, and Sarada.

What she learned was Sasori became a criminal at one point, even though he was the grandson of the famous Lady Chiyo of Suna. Lady Chiyo was like Dr. Tsunade of Konoha, but she was older than her.

When her parents met Sasori, he just got out of rehab so he was able to help when it comes to his grandmother's paperworks. For the meantime, that was all she learned from him.

Naruto also tightened security when he learned that Sasori became a criminal. Tourists are now having a hard time entering Konoha for that matter. Sasori may seem harmless now, but Sasuke requested for an ANBU to visit their house every night, for the sake of Itachi and his parents when they're asleep.

Sakura and Sasuke still talk every night, and she always tell him that she can't wait for her (and Sarada's) surprise.

But one particular Saturday morning, after those three weeks, when Sarada was seated up on her bed, in deep thought about how long will she see her Uncle Itachi, and what will she say when she finally sees her dad again, she heard her mom shouted from the bathroom.

Good thing her mom already opened her bedroom door for her, so she ran towards the bathroom.
She knocked hard worried about her mom.
"Mommy, mommy! Open up! Are you okay?!"

Sakura opened the bathroom door, and smiled at her daughter.
"Good morning sweetie, I didn't know you're already awake!"

"What happened, mommy?"

"Nothing sweetie, mommy just got surprised," Sakura was lowering herself to Sarada's level, and wants to make sure there was nothing to worry about.

But when she was about to crouch down in front of Sarada, she accidentally hit the edge of the sink, which didn't hurt, but what happened was a small white plastic thing, for Sarada it seemed somewhat like a shape of digital thermometer, dropped on the bathroom floor from the sink.

They both looked at it as Sakura was lowering herself, but Sarada immediately picked it up. She knew what a thermometer looks like, she was seeing those in her mom's office. But this was no thermometer, it looked like one but there was no probe tip on it, and instead of numbers appearing on the tiny screen, it was two parallel red lines.

"What's this mommy? This is like what you put under your armpit when you're sick, but there's no pointed thingy with the gray part—"

"Give that to me Sarada, there's pee on that!" She exclaimed referring to the pregnancy test.
"Ew!" Sarada yelled in disgust, letting go of the white plastic thing, dropping it again on the floor. "Mommy I need to wash my hands!" She added.
Sakura laughed and helped her wash.

When they both went to the kitchen to eat breakfast, Sakura looked at her daughter sternly.
"Sarada, finally mommy got a day off, but instead of spending time here at home, what do you think about seeing Uncle Itachi today?"