Chapter 7 - Itachi Figures It Out

"I'm sorry for hearing that, Sasuke. I can't believe Sakura is now a mom," Itachi said as their driver pulled over at their place.
Sasuke was just silent. They walked towards their house together not speaking with each other.

Their mom was already at the kitchen. As soon as they landed their grocery bags at the kitchen counter, Mikoto started taking the items from the bags one by one and inspected the things her sons bought.

Sasuke went straight to his room, while Itachi grabbed their ice cooler box and headed to their backyard and placed the ice cooler at the stone bench. Afterwards, he went upstairs, knocked at Sasuke's door and invited him to the backyard.

They were now seated at their stone bench side by side, the ice cooler box was beside Sasuke. Sasuke knew what was inside of it, he already got what Itachi was trying to do. So he opened the ice cooler box, it was filled with bottles of beer and ice tubes.

Sasuke grabbed one and opened it with a bottle opener that was hanging by the handle of the container, and took a gulped from it. He didn't offer a bottle to Itachi since he was no longer allowed to drink alcohol after being in a coma.

"Thanks for this. I uh, I wanted to ease my mind. But don't get me wrong, you'll never gonna get me drunk and talk!" Sasuke chuckled and took a gulp.

"I don't need you to talk. And I certainly don't want you to get drunk or I'll end up carrying you again to your room!"

They shared a laugh, then became silent. Sasuke just drank his beer.

"I like Sakura for you, you know. I like her 'cause finally there's someone that melted my brother's little ice cold heart," Itachi chuckled, breaking the ice.
"Pssh. Shut up," Sasuke continued drinking. Every time he talked back to Itachi, he takes a gulp from his bottle.

"When did you guys became official again? Was it during your second, or third year in college?" Itachi asked.

"Third year."

"It took you long enough to ask her to be your girlfriend, well at least you ended up asking her. I know you're tough and all, but I was afraid you might still be a bit of a pussy back then!" Itachi laughed hard.
"What are you saying?!" Sasuke scowled at his brother.
"Well I know for a fact that you like Sakura since you were in sixth grade. And came your prom, I mean she's your date but you still didn't ask her to be your girlfriend back then. So the term pussy can be applied to you," Itachi laughed.

"You're calling me a pussy because you thought I like Sakura since sixth grade? That is so not true!"

"Oh come on, Sasuke. We went to the same school. I may be on a higher batch than you, but I know your group of friends. I know how you behave with them, and how you behave from all the girls who were crushing on you. But you behave differently with a pink-haired girl."

"You were already in high school when I was in sixth grade. Don't tell me that you care for some sixth graders. Just stop talking, you know nothing," Sasuke said as he finished his first bottle.
He placed the empty bottle on the floor and pulled another one from the container, then started drinking again.

"I always hear things about you in school, how can you tell that I know nothing?" Itachi asked.
"Well I guess it can't be helped that I was popular!" Sasuke laughed.

"Well, if it wasn't for your older brother, you'll never be popular."

"That's bullshit!" Sasuke exclaimed.
They both laughed.
Sasuke was now chugging his second bottle.
"Call it whatever you like, but I became MVP, you did not!" Itachi bragged.
"That's not the basis of popularity," Sasuke pointed out.