Chapter 14 - His Parents Found Out

"I've been trying my very best to leave you alone with Sakura, and you kept on avoiding her!" Itachi said as he got out of the car when they arrived home after their dinner at Ichiraku Ramen.
"There's no need for us to be left alone," Sasuke replied as they were walking towards their front door.
"You could've talked to her about your uhm, arrangements," Itachi responded.

"We already did, awhile ago. And after dinner, I made it clear that after school, I'll be fetching Sarada and she will be spending time with me. Then she'll just pick Sarada up after she's done with work."

"That's it? You're not gonna be together?"

"No."

"Why?! You need to talk about this more! There's a chance now that my niece will grow up with a complete family! Please make this happen?" Itachi begged as they entered the front door.

He knew Sasuke will go straight up to his room, so he grabbed his elbow and made their way to the living room so they can still talk.
"That's not gonna happen," Sasuke sighed.

"And why not?!"

"Do you think Sakura's parents will still accept me?"

"Not right away, no, that's a fact. But you know I can always help you! You can still change their minds, for the sake of their granddaughter!"

"It's not that easy, okay? Besides Sakura and I had a little spat just recently."

"What do you mean?"

"I kinda ended up shouting at her."

"Awhile ago? In your office? I didn't hear you."

"No, at the hospital. I barged in her office."

"You did what?! When was this?!"

"When I had my half day."

"So that's what you did that time? Why the hell would you do that to her?"

"I was mad."

"That's not enough reason for you to be shouting at someone, Sasuke! She's the mother of your child! Why did you do that?!"

"Because I was mad, Itachi, okay?! I was mad! Even if she doesn't want me back, if only I've known, there's at least something I could've done for Sarada when we got back here! She didn't even say a word after we've came across with her at the hospital! And even though I didn't know anything, I am still the one to blame, all because I wasn't there for her! I mean, what kind of a father am I? Right?! You have no idea what it feels, Itachi! I should be the one providing her needs and I wasn't able to that! It already hurt when I let Sakura go, but I needed to because I don't want her carrying my problems as well! All I wanted is for her to be damn happy, but look at what she did to me, she kept my daughter from me!" Sasuke was already shouting at him angrily when they both heard a gasp.

Sasuke and Itachi both looked at the same time where the gasp came from. It was their mom, and both their parents were standing just watching them argue.

"I don't have time for this," Sasuke was about to walk out of the living room when his father stopped him.
"Sasuke, you're not going anywhere. Have a seat," his father commanded while gesturing the couch.
Sasuke stood still not knowing if he'll obey or not.
"Dad, don't you think Sasuke needs time—" Itachi was cut off.
"No. I want to hear Sasuke's side," Fugaku's voice was stern.

Mikoto held Sasuke's elbow and walked with him to have a seat on the couch. Both her and Sasuke were seated, while Fugaku and Itachi were standing in front of them.

"Well, Sasuke...?" His mom began.
"Sakura didn't tell me, mom. I'm sorry. I have to find out on my own. She's the little girl I met at the daycare the one I told you about, the one that looks like an Uchiha. Then when I was confined at the hospital, I sneaked into Sakura's office, I saw the little girl with her. I had no idea that she was mine. If I've known earlier, I will support her I swear, I will never walk away. It's just, I didn't know mom, I didn't, I'm sorry. She didn't tell me, I really don't wanna become a failure, I'm sorry."

Tears were falling down on Sasuke's cheeks but his expression was mixed with pain and anger. His mom hugged him tight. She knew Sasuke was like his father, they both have this impassive facade. But Sasuke was not as stoic as his father. Whenever Sasuke cries, just like he did when Itachi was in a coma, she knew he was holding his emotions for too long already, and she wanted him to let it all out. She's not that kind of woman who'll tell her sons the boys don't cry crap. Her sons are human beings not robots, if they needed to cry, then damn it, cry.

"Does Sakura have any idea that you already know?" Mikoto asked.
"Yes," Sasuke answered.
"Are you planning on walking away?" Fugaku asked.

"No, dad."

"Good. I want you to fix this," Fugaku said then walked out of the living room.

Sasuke wiped his tears immediately. He was actually expecting a long-ass lecture from his father.

"Did you settle things with Sakura? Are you planning on staying here, or you guys will just rent an apartment?" Mikoto asked.
"Not exactly, mom. We're gonna raise our kid separately," he answered.

His mom's loving expression suddenly changed.
"I don't like that, Sasuke. And I don't think your father will, either," she said as she pulled away from her hug, her voice became serious.

Sasuke will always be glad that his mom always shows emotional support, but he already knew his mom will never agree that her granddaughter will be growing up with a broken family.

"Sakura hates me, mom. I'm just glad that Naruto meddled in a little bit so I can be involved."

"I am not liking this!" Mikoto stood up from the couch, and paced back and forth in their living room. "I am trying to understand you here, Sasuke. I am trying to put myself in your shoes, believe me. But no, I do not agree for the solutions that you've come up with. If your father learns about this, you will never hear the end of it! Fix this, Sasuke. I want you to talk to Sakura again, or I swear I will interfere, and you're not gonna like it!" Mikoto was lecturing her son, but was trying to keep her voice low to avoid her husband from hearing.

She walked out of the living room as well, looking really pissed. Itachi walked out as well, but then he returned offering Sasuke a bottle of beer that was already opened, but Itachi didn't drink from it.
"Thanks," Sasuke said.
"I'm gonna give you time to think, cause I'm actually with mom on this. I'm sorry. If you need me, whether with Sakura's parents or Sarada, I'm here. I will do everything for my niece," Itachi said then left the living room.

Sasuke was in deep thought while he finished his bottle of beer. Then he went to his room, took a quick shower, then lay down on his bed.
This is a start of another problem. If he really wanted to be there for his daughter, there was no other way than to collaborate with Sakura.

So he picked up his phone and decided to send Sakura a text. He didn't want to call her, hearing her angelic voice might make him more insane than he already was.
"Tell your parents first that I am now getting involved, before you tell Sarada about me." He sent the text message.
He was not expecting for a reply, they were probably asleep as it was already past Sarada's bed time.

After awhile his phone buzzed and he saw that Sakura replied,
"I'm working on it, thanks. By the way, I told Sarada that you'll be the one to fetch her tomorrow instead of Hinata. Her dismissal is at 3 pm. I hope you'll be able to fetch her yourself, I told her she's not going anywhere with strangers. If you're busy or you have meetings, let me know right away."

"Got it."

"Also I'll be out around 8 pm tomorrow. I assume you're already out of your office. Where should I fetch her then?"

"Our place."

"You're not bringing her to the mall or something? Your parents might see her."

"They already know about her."

"What? How?"

"Get some sleep, Sakura. Good night."

"Fine, we'll talk tomorrow. Good night."