Chapter 4 - Knowing The Toddler

Dinner was ready, Mikoto was just setting the table, and the four of them were already present at their dining area.

Curiosity was painted all over Sasuke's face that night.
"Uhm mom, does Shisui have a family? Kids?" Sasuke started to ask, he was standing up beside an empty chair his left elbow rested on it.
"No, Shisui doesn't want to have a family. He's alone in his apartment. Why?"

But Sasuke didn't bother answering her mom.

"Itachi, do you remember your ex girlfriends?" Sasuke asked as he sat down on the chair.
Itachi raised his eyebrow at Sasuke but answered him anyway,
"Uh yeah, of course. But I don't have any contact with them now, prolly because they're too busy raising their own families. What's with the question?"

"Do you think you might've impregnated one of them?" Sasuke's expression stayed the same.
It wasn't his intention to irritate Itachi, though. He just wanted to know.
"What the hell are you talking about?! Of course, not!" Itachi yelled.

"Are you telling me that I have a grandchild that I didn't know?! Ha, Itachi?" Mikoto was shouting at Itachi, her both hands on her waist.
"Mom! Of course not! And if I ever did, I would know okay, I have been good to my ex girlfriends, all of my breakups were always mutual, they would be honest with me," he answered, then turned to Sasuke. "And you! Sasuke! What the hell are you talking about?!"

"Nothing. Do you know anyone that has a young daughter from our clan?"

"No. Why? Why Sasuke, why?!" Itachi asked getting impatient.

"I saw this little girl from the daycare awhile ago. I swear she has the facial features of an Uchiha. The resemblance is amazing! I just can't seem to know who from our clan has a daughter."

"Why didn't you ask the kid who her parents are? Simple!"

"Well she's a kid. I wanted to wait for her parents to fetch her to see for myself, but she said they go home late and she stays at the house of a playmate first before going home."

"Well you told me at the office that you're invited again at the daycare tomorrow, go ask the kid this time."

"It may be weird asking the little girl directly."

"That's a huge ass problem you got there, Sasuke," Itachi said sarcastically, and started putting food on his plate.

***

The next day, Sasuke was back at the daycare center again.
"Let me take this opportunity to give this certificate of recognition, and give our huge thanks to him on taking the time to donate to our little ones. Ladies and gentlemen, the man of the hour, Mr. Sasuke Uchiha!" The head teacher announced his name in front of the other daycare teachers.
He walked up in front to shake hands and got the certificate. Sasuke said a few words by thanking them and that he will be willing to donate all over again for the kids.

Being recognized by donating was totally not a big deal for Sasuke, but he or the company may need this for future purposes, or simply just for documentation, or whatever. So he just went with the flow of whatever the daycare teachers wanted.

After the little ceremony, he asked the head teacher if he could visit the toddlers again. She said yes, so he entered the same small classroom like yesterday, and spotted the same little girl. She was still wearing a red headband, red eyeglasses, she was still wearing a red dress but a different kind one now. So she likes the color red, Sasuke thought.

The little girl was seated on the same table just like yesterday, but this time there was a blonde little boy seated on her right, they were both coloring.
Sasuke approached them, alone this time. He told Karin to stay at the room where the little ceremony took place.

He took a seat on the same, small, empty chair on the left side of the little girl, and poked her free forearm once again.
"Hello again," he smiled—which is rare for Sasuke by the way.
"Hello again, mister," the little girl looked up to him.
The blonde boy did the same.

"Who are you?" The blonde boy asked.

"I'm the one who donated those coloring books, and I just wanted to know if you like them."

"Wow! These are all from you?" The girl asked in astonishment.

"Yes. So, do you like them?"

"Yep! Thank you for this, mister!" Her smile made him weak somehow.

He can't seem to know why or what it is, but there's something about this kid. Or just maybe because she looks like an Uchiha?
The blonde boy suddenly stood up and left the table, he seemed bored. So he went to the other toddlers and started playing with some blocks.
"You're very much welcome. So what's your name?"

"My name's Sarada."

"Wow, Sarada. That's a beautiful name."

"Sarada! Do you have more chips with you? Can I have one?" A chubby little girl with tan complexion walked towards her.
"Yes, Cho-cho. Wait here," Sarada placed her crayon on the coloring book, and stood up.
She went to her bag, hanging by the wall near the black board, where all the bags are.

Sasuke was observing her. She took her entire pink backpack and brought it with her to the table.
The chubby girl was staring at Sasuke. When he noticed it, he looked at her and gave her a nod. The chubby girl blushed.

"Here you go, Cho-cho," Sarada offered her a bag of potato chips.
The chubby girl's eyes became wide and glistened upon seeing the bag of chips. She took it, thanked Sarada then left.

"Wow, you seem to have packed a lot of food with you," Sasuke started another conversation with her.

"Yep, mommy said I should eat more."

"So your mom still won't be able to fetch you?"

"Yes, I always stay with Boruto first and play with him."

"Is Boruto the boy you were seated next to awhile ago?"

"Yep," she replied while getting her bottle of milk from her bag then started drinking it, looking at Sasuke.
He laughed as she did this, he really was amazed by her. He stayed at the daycare for a little longer. He continued asking the little girl questions, they were naming animals on the coloring book, and naming colors from the crayon box. He even helped her color some of the pictures.

He didn't even notice that it was late afternoon already, one by one, the kids were slowly being fetched by their parents.
The blonde boy from awhile ago shouted at Sarada.
"Hey, Sarada! Mom's here, let's go!"

"Oh okay, coming!" Sarada shouted back as she puts back her stuff inside her bag messily. Sasuke took her stuff and helped her do it neatly.
When he zipped her pink backpack closed and handed it to her, Sarada thanked him and said goodbye,
"Thank you mister! I should go, Aunt Hinata is here, bye-bye!"

"Hinata?!" Sasuke was shocked, he didn't notice Hinata's name came out of his mouth out loud, Sarada heard him.
"Yep, Boruto's mom. Bye-bye!" Sarada said then she hugged Sasuke's free arm, and ran to the door.

Sasuke froze at the small chair as she looked at the little girl running. No kid has ever hugged him—his arm before. He couldn't also believe that he actually met Naruto's son already.

He didn't come out of the door just yet, instead he stood up from the small chair, and looked at the window that was facing the street, making an opening from the blinds so he could see clearly.
He could not believe his eyes. It really was Hinata, holding the hand of the blonde boy, waiting for Sarada to reach them as she ran.

Then he saw the chubby girl who asked Sarada for chips holding a hand of a big guy, is that Choji? He started seeing familiar faces outside the daycare with kids holding their hands.

He recognized Ino alright, the little blonde boy she was holding somewhat looked like her. Then he saw Shikamaru with a blonde girl, must be his wife, with a kid who looked exactly like Shikamaru.

He couldn't believe it. They were his friends. Were. And they were raising their own families now.

He waited until the lawn of the daycare has emptied. Then he walked back to the room where he asked his secretary to wait, then they left the daycare.