Chapter 5 - Accident

It has been weeks since Sasuke visited the daycare. He might be fond of the cute little Sarada, but he didn't want his old friends seeing him. He didn't need the awkwardness.

It was getting late at the office, the rain was pouring hard, as it was said on the news, there was a huge storm, it was pitch black outside. Everybody else, including Itachi and Shisui, left early. Sasuke looked at his watch, it was already past 8 in the evening. He just needed to study this one file then he'll go home.

While he was reading the file, he got distracted when his phone rang, it was his mom.
"Sasuke, get to the hospital right this instant!"

"Why, what's wrong? What happened mom?"

"Itachi."

He dropped everything, he can go through the file again tomorrow, he needed to be at the hospital right that second.

He rushed out of his office, he was pressing the elevator button several times so he can get to the basement parking already.

When he got to his pickup truck, he immediately started the engine, and sped out of the parking. It was raining hard and it was dark, he switched his headlights to high beam but the heavy rain still wasn't helping, it was still hard to see.

He still drove fast because this is Itachi we're talking about. As he was driving, he didn't notice the dog, it was like it appeared in the middle of the road. He slammed on his brakes avoiding the dog, but then the road was too slippery, his pickup truck skidded to the side making it hit a big tree really hard.

It all happened too fast he didn't know how exactly he ended up hitting the tree, and his head suddenly felt hot and it was aching. Then his vision became blurry until his eyes were now shut.

When Sasuke was slowly opening his eyes, the first thing he saw was a ceiling. His entire body was aching, he can't seem to sit up from the bed to check his surroundings.

"Oh thank god you're awake!" Itachi shouted, suddenly appearing above Sasuke's face.
"Oh, you're okay. Good," Sasuke mumbled.
"What do you mean good? Take a good look at yourself, Sasuke!" Itachi yelled at him.

"I can't."

"What?"

"I literally can't look at myself, it hurts when I move. Am I in the hospital? How did I get here?"

"Well, you've been driving recklessly!"

"I have to rush here, mom said you—"

"I'm fine, Sasuke. Mom was just overreacting, I told her there's no need for me to be sent here at the hospital. And look what happened to you! You're the one who's going to end up killing me, you know that?"

"I'm sorry."

"You should be!"

"Oh thank goodness, my baby's awake!" Mikoto yelled as Sasuke heard a door opened and closed.
"Can someone help me sit please," Sasuke asked.

Itachi pressed a button beside his bed, elevating it then he was now seated up. He took a good look at his body. Both his right leg and left arm were on a cast. His head was pounding. He took his free arm and tried to hold his head, just above his left eye and he felt that it was bandaged. That part of his head hurt.

"Why did you have to be driving recklessly during a storm, Sasuke?" His mom asked.

"Because you told me that Itachi—"

"I told you already!" Itachi interrupted.

"I'm sorry Sasuke, I shouldn't let you worry like that. Look what happened to you," Mikoto started crying.
"Mom, don't cry. I'm still alive, see?" Sasuke said.