Chapter 11 - Confrontation

It was lunch time the next day when Sasuke knocked on Shisui and Itachi's office. They moved into a bigger one since they're sharing an office. When Sasuke opened the door, he saw that their desks were now parallel facing each other. Shisui and Itachi did some sort of rearranging.

"I'm gonna get going, but if something came up, I'll come back," Sasuke said to both of them, his voice was low and hard.

Itachi noticed Sasuke was holding a folder.
"What are those?" Itachi pointed at the folder using his lips.
"Photocopy," Sasuke answered.

"And the original copy?"

"Safe at home."

"What are you guys talking about?" Shisui interrupted.
"This is not work-related, I just need to do something," Sasuke answered.
"You know Sasuke, I don't know what you're planning to do. But please don't do anything you'll regret," Itachi warned him.
"Whatever, I'm going. Please call me if something came up," he said as he shut the door.
The last thing he saw was a confused Shisui and a worried Itachi.

As he was walking towards the elevator, he called the driver and ordered him to prepare the car. He fixed his necktie, his expression was angry and hard. He looked like he was about to attack someone.

When he got to the car, the driver looked behind him, with the look like he was asking Sasuke, where to? Sasuke looked back at his driver and he just suddenly spoke,
"Konoha Hospital."

When he got inside the hospital, he remembered her office, room 312. But just to make sure, he went to the first nurses' station that he saw, and scanned the list of doctors and rooms on the board. Yep, it was still the same office.

He hurried to the elevators, and didn't even bother asking the nurses if the doctor he was looking for was booked on an appointment, or if she was even on her day off. He just went inside the elevator, pressed the button of her office floor, went out and was walking really fast. It didn't matter if he'll bump into someone, or something. He was still wearing the same angry and hard expression.

He got to her office, he didn't knock, he just slammed the door open.
"...but just to be safe, we need to monitor your temperature—" the pink-haired doctor was with a patient, she stopped and looked shocked when she heard the loud bang at her door and saw Sasuke.
"I'm sorry I'm currently with a patient and—"

"I apologize Dr. Haruno, I didn't know that you're not yet done with your patient, I'll be then waiting here outside," Sasuke cut her off in a very serious voice, his expression became madder when he saw her.
He shut the door loudly and sat down at the waiting chair next to the door.

Sakura on the other hand got nervous. She knew she has nothing to be nervous about, but she remembered how Sasuke got mad at her when she accused him of cheating back then when they were dating. He had the same kind of look when he was so mad at her, during that time she thought he was going to hit her. But he never did. He just shouted at her nonstop until she cried.

"I apologize for that. Anyway, as I was saying, we need to monitor your temperature and white blood cells and see if there's an infection. Okay? If anything starts to feel weird, please come back right away," she smiled nervously at the little girl and her father.

She was almost done with the checkup when Sasuke interrupted. Now that her patient and her father were about to leave, she'll end up alone with him. She didn't know why, but it was scaring her. The father and his daughter thanked Sakura, and walked out of her office.

When Sasuke saw Sakura's door opened, a man holding a young girl walked out of the room. He entered immediately not glancing at them, so Sakura can not have an excuse to leave.