Chapter 16 - Stranded at Sakura's

It has already been three weeks, this was like their new norm. Sasuke will be fetching Sarada from the daycare, stay at his office, they will be home for dinner, Sarada falls asleep in their house, and Sasuke and the driver will drive Sarada home.

There were also two Saturdays Sakura has to work, so Sasuke borrowed Sarada from her to spend the day at mall buying her new clothes, shoes, and toys, and they also watched a new cartooned movie at the cinema.
The other Saturday was they went to an amusement park. They only rode the rides that were suitable for Sarada's age.

He was already used to Sarada's presence, also he was now good at changing her clothes. Besides coloring, he was also teaching her at his office whenever something new was taught at the daycare. Sarada can now name all the shapes, and can now count up to 10 without any help.

It was another normal Friday when it was raining hard, there was a storm again. Sarada was well behaved eating her packed snacks, when Sakura texted Sasuke that she will be home early. Which was unusual since it was just almost 5 in the afternoon. She also said she will be the one to cook dinner for their daughter.

Sasuke dialed a number on his telephone on his desk, he was calling Itachi's office telephone.
"What do you need? Tell me 'cause you need to work fast, the storm is just insane, we need to leave as early as possible," Itachi answered the call immediately.

"No, actually I'm done with the important ones. I can finish the other files tomorrow. It's just that Sakura will be home early, I need to drop Sarada off at her place now. The driver and I will just fetch you afterwards."

"You sure? You know the last time it was raining hard—"

"Itachi, I'm not the one who's gonna drive."

"Okay, okay. You and Sarada should leave now, it's already getting dark, and it's just almost 5."

"Yeah, I know. I'll see you later."

***

It was raining hard when the driver pulled over at Sakura's. It was so cold, so before getting out of the car, Sasuke wrapped his coat around Sarada's, since he's always wearing a business attire. He carried her on his arm, the backpack on his other shoulder. He was holding an umbrella over them while walking towards Sakura's front door. He knocked hard but there was no response. He switched the umbrella on his other hand where he was carrying Sarada and tried turning the doorknob with his now free hand—it was locked.

He then pulled his phone from his pocket and called the driver who was inside the car. He ordered him to go fetch Itachi already at the office and drive Itachi home. He cannot leave Sarada alone here since her mother was still not home.

The driver obeyed and drove off.
After a couple of minutes, a cab pulled over in front of Sakura's lawn. A pink-haired woman got out of the cab.

Sasuke looked over at her and made a face telling her to make it fast, as he was now getting wet due to the rain. The rain was getting hard so he made sure that the umbrella he was holding was covering his daughter, it didn't matter to him if he gets wet, as long as Sarada's dry.

Sakura rushed towards the door and opened it immediately, apologizing to Sasuke. When they entered, she realized that there was no other car in front of her lawn.

"Where's your driver?" She asked him while she was taking Sarada from his arms.

"I can't just leave Sarada here, you told me you'll be home early! I told him to fetch Itachi first at the office. I'll just text him to pick me up after."

"Oh, okay. I'm really sorry, it was really hard to get a cab."

"What happened to your car anyway?"