Chapter 24: One Shall Rise: Part 1

3rd Person POV

Autobot Base

Ratchet immediately rushed to activate the Groundbridge, but Dante had other ideas. Opening a portal behind him, he jumped through and into his base, changed into his combat appearance, grabbed his Barret, and opened a Groundbridge to Optimus's location before jumping through.

As soon as Ace exited the portal, he saw a sight that he never expected to see: Optimus, lying on the ground while Megatron had a foot on his chest, pinning him down with his blade raised, lines of glowing purple flowing across his armor.

Megatron prepared to strike, but before he could, Ace ran forward and stepped in front of Optimus's chest, catching the blade in his bare hands.

Megatron stared in shock.

Ace jumped forward and kicked him, sending him staggering backward. Looking over toward Optimus, he called, "You alright?"

Optimus stared at him. "What are you doing here?"

"Helping you," Ace replied. "As I said before, we may not be allies, but we are on the same side." He turned toward Megatron. "I'll hold him off." With that, he drew his Barret and opened fire, the powerful shots making Megatron stagger backward. While most Cons would have been scrap metal from his shots, Megatron's armor was thick enough that the rounds only knocked him back.

"Foolish human," Megatron growled. "You cannot harm me, not while Dark Energon flows through my veins!"

"Funny, that's the same thing Screamer said, and look where that got him," Ace countered before grinning as he detected an incoming Groundbridge. "Besides, who said I was alone?"

Right on cue, a portal opened directly behind Megatron, and Bulkhead shot out, slamming a wrecking ball into Megatron's back. Megatron flew forward, and Ace jumped, kicking him in the head and sending him staggering to the ground.

Glancing over at Arcee and Elita, Ace caught them staring at him in astonishment. "You two, help Optimus!" he shouted before looking toward Bulkhead. "Care to team up?"

Bulkhead hesitated before nodding.

Charging forward, Bulkhead ducked a swing at his head and smashed his wrecking ball into Megatron's gut. The blow sent him staggering toward Ace, who blasted him with his Barret, making the Decepticon warlord stagger back toward Bulkhead.

As Bulkhead knocked Megatron back toward Ace again, Ace glanced over and saw Arcee and Elita dragging Optimus through their Groundbridge.

"Bulkhead, come on!" Arcee shouted.

"Go!" Ace ordered while jumping and kicking Megatron in the head. "I'll hold him off till you're through."

Bulkhead nodded and transformed, driving toward the Autobot Groundbridge at top speed.

Megatron charged after them, but Ace cut him off, vaulting and slamming a fist into Megatron's head, causing the warlord to stagger away.

As soon as he saw that the Autobots were gone, Ace activated a portal and jumped through, just as Megatron swiped at him with his blade.

Arriving at his base, Ace changed back into his normal appearance and set his gun on a rack before Groundbridging to the Autobot base.

Running to the main room, he arrived just in time to see Elita, Arcee, and Bulkhead helping Optimus through the Groundbridge.