Chapter 4: Darkness Rising Part 4

3rd Person POV

Outside the Decepticon Warship

Jack and Raf were barely avoiding laser fire as the Cons on the Nemesis fired at them. Suddenly, Raf was knocked to the ground by a blast and Jack tried to shield him with his body.

Luckily, before the two of them could get blasted, Bulkhead transformed and drove over to the two boys, opening his passenger door as he did so.

"Get in!" he ordered. Raf and Jack didn't even question him and jumped in.

As Bulkhead drove off, Jack said, "Thanks, Bulkhead."

"W-what are you doing here?" Bulkhead asked.

"We were worried about Miko. Have you seen her?"

"What she look like?" Miko asked as she popped up in the back seat.

Bulkhead managed to find a good place for the humans and opened his door. "Everyone out and this time, please, wait here." And with that he drove off toward the ship.

As Bulkhead scaled the cliff and disappeared inside the warship, Jack and Raf realized that Miko must have hitched a ride because she wasn't with them.

"Do you think they forgot about us?" Raf asked. Just then, they heard something move behind them and turned around to find a pair of Vehicons reaching for them.

Timeskip

Jack and Raf were held in the hands of one Vehicon while the other one led the way onto the Warship. "Take them to the holding cell. Commander Starscream is keeping the elder human there," the lead one stated.

Jack and Raf shared an uneasy look. If Fowler was being held captive, then who knows what the Cons were doing to Dante.

Suddenly, a familiar engine sound reached their ears, and Bumblebee came out of nowhere, slamming into the Cons and causing them to drop Jack and Raf, who were promptly caught by Arcee.

As she set them down, Arcee reprimanded them saying, "Appreciate you opening the front door for us, but storming the Decepticon Warship was not on the activities list."

"Tell me about it," Jack deadpanned.

The four of them ran down the hall in search of Miko and Bulkhead when they heard the sound of footsteps. Readying her blaster in case it was a Con, Arcee quickly stepped around the corner, gun raised, only to find Bulkhead with his gun raised as well.

"Friendly!"

"Hello!"

Arcee sighed, retracting her gun. "Brought the humans, huh?"

"You try getting them to stay behind!" Bulkhead complained as he set Miko down to join Jack and Raf.

"We need to find Fowler and Dante and get the kids out of here," Arcee asserted.

"Um." The bots turned to Jack just as he and Raf said, "Fowler's in the holding cell."

In the Brig

Starscream snarled in anger as he glared at the 'human' in front of him. Soundwave had departed long ago to do whatever he did when Starscream wasn't paying attention, but Starscream was too busy trying to figure out why this 'human' would not crack. He had shocked him with the prod at least fifteen times, and most Cybertronians usually cracked after twelve.

The boy now hung limply, dangling in his chains, yet he hadn't said anything. He hadn't even screamed. In a way, Starscream felt a bit of respect for this boy, however slight it might be.